Tafe after HSC??? (1 Viewer)

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Well you need to get your HSC to get into your TAFE course then. That means you have to sit all of your HSC exams. Doesn't really matter what marks you get, as long as you have attempted the exams you will your HSC.

For jobs, they'll mostly look at your TAFE or Uni marks rather than your HSC. Some of them do, but most won't even bother asking for your HSC marks or UAI.

repz

HSC
I really want to go tafe after my hsc aswell
i think that wen you are applying for jobs in the future all that matters are your qualifications and your experience not really your hsc mark
although some employees of big firms may ask

unknown_

HSC
If I'm going to TAFE does my HSC really matter? The TAFE course I want to do only requires that I recieve my Higher School Certificate, other then that I just enrol on the day.

For all you past HSC participants, when you apply for a job are your HSC marks a major contributing factor? Or do they mainly focus on what courses you done?

Thanks in adavance...

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Well, as I mentioned, TAFE doesn't usually look at your HSC marks. As long as you have the HSC itself you should get into your TAFE course. Of course, there are other factors like quotas and portfolios for some courses.

As for job demand, it depends on the industry. I mean obviously for something like IT or Business, university students will usually be given preference, however there are different branches in the field. Like in IT, the technical work such as building computers and networks aren't really the focus of university courses, and so TAFE students have a better chance of getting a job in this area because they could do a course focusing on this area.

Well that's the only example I could think of so far. It depends on the area you want to go into and whether or not a similar course is offered at university.

You could also consider transferring to university after you have your TAFE diploma. Check out the the Transfer thread under University - General for more information.

unknown_

HSC
Thanks. I was also wondering how to go about getting a job after TAFE. Is there a demand?

I know I will bum these exams. I haven't done any study, at all, and I know I'm letting myself down. I used the UAI Calculator adn it predicted a UAI of 30-40, go me.

Are these exams really that important if I'm going to TAFE?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Ahh well good luck with it :). Games development is hard to get into though, whether you do it at TAFE or Uni, but if your good at it, then it should be fine.

unknown_

HSC
Do you mean hard to get into the industry? Or hard to get into the course? Because as I said above the only requirement is that I recieve my HSC. On the information night they pretty much said its first come first server but if they have a large number of people turn up they will contact a small survey? (forget the word) on the day to see who is most likely to stay the duration of the course.

unknown_

HSC
Np, its re-assuring that you meant industry :). If I do the course I know I can do well in it, its just whether I have motivation or not, which I don't have for my HSC unluckily enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)