• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

TAFE as credit for UNI (1 Viewer)

Synapse

hey,

i didnt get a good enough UAI to make it into uni, but i still want to go to uni... i know i should have tried harder etc etc but whats done is done and i am left with this situation.

I have already enrolled in Certificate 3 in Information Technology (Software Applications) and am going to do Certificate 4 in Information Technology (Programming) afterwards, and i will complete a diploma in i-dont-know-what to finish it all off.

My question:

is this a good way to get into uni? how hard is it to get in once i have my diploma? like do i have to get 100% in everything to make it in? or can i get away with like 80%?

thanks guys
Dylan

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
put it this way, the higher your grades the better your chances are right? its all common sense. just get as much as you can and then apply for uni again. i know of a few people doing my course and they came from tafe just like yourself.

Synapse

cool thanks

well its going to take me about 2 years to get the diploma, so im looking around 2006 entry? im going to go straight to uni after tafe, no breaks or nething

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
actually you can apply for uni after your first year of tafe, but i think you need to be enrolled in a diploma course. i know a friend of mine did accounting at ultimo and after one year, he got into b. business and commerce at uws blacktown.

carrotz

HSC
Uni Grad
yups the higher marks you get the more of chance of getting into uni. speak to the liaison person at the uni you want to tranfer into, they should be able to give ya advice on what marks you should be aiming at, the number of ppl that transfer from tafe, etc..

Ribbon

I was looking into this for a friend awhile ago... he only wanted to get into courses that were around the 50 - 60 entry mark, and all he had to do for those was complete certificate 4 in anything at TAFE. IE. he was going to complete a hospitality certificate 3&4 (which would take a year) then he would get credit to go straight into tourism/hospitality management or something similar at CSU in 2005...

I am assuming the course you want is slightly higher entry/more popular so you might have to work a bit harder. The Careers officer at your school should have a big thick book outlining alll the TAFE courses on offer, and this, in combination with the UAC guide will tell you exactly what you need to do to get into the course you want...

carrotz

HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Synapse
cool thanks

well its going to take me about 2 years to get the diploma, so im looking around 2006 entry? im going to go straight to uni after tafe, no breaks or nething
which uni are to planning to go to anyways?

carrotz

HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Dingo2004
carrotz your doing your third year in that BScIT course ?? so does that mean your on work experience this year?
yeah i'm 3rd yr this yr.. i'm supposed to be doing my work experience but i couldnt find a job.. thats the same situation with the other 3rd yr BScIT ppl. so i'll finish my degree this yr without my diploma.

carrotz

HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Dingo2004
i thought they dont let you graduate without the diploma?
maybe u can do it in the 4th year
now they are letting us graduate without the diploma. not everyone got a full time IT job this yr. i could do it in 4th yr if i wanted to.

carrotz

HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by = Jennifer =
this is a really interesting thanks guys....so if i dont get into uni the world is not going to end after all...
yups exactly.. if you dont end up in uni, it aint the end of the world. stay positive. go to tafe, work for while, go travel..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)