Tafe enrolment? huh? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Is TAFE courses supported by HECS? And besides the early application dates, is Enrolment the only step i need in early february to secure a place at TAFE?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Walking Mushroo said:
Is TAFE courses supported by HECS? And besides the early application dates, is Enrolment the only step i need in early february to secure a place at TAFE?
HECS has nothing to do with TAFE, however the TAFE fees are less than what any person would pay in HECS fees.

Applying or enrolling is usually the only thing required - its basically a first in first served sort of thing, however there are courses that may rely on portfolios and interviews for admission.

HSC
oh thanks!
Another question: I missed out on the application courses, but i really want to do adv accounting. I rang them and they said i can call again for vacancies after the 25th. Would that mean i still have to fill in an application form?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
It would mean they may not have recieved enough applications at certain campuses and there may be vacancies available that you may fill after that date and to call at that date to confirm for any vacancies. If there are vacancies you would enroll directly with the campus so no application is needed at this moment.

Nebuchadnezzar

Idealist
HSC
The question about payment, you have ot pay for the course yourself so there isn't anything like HECS but if you have a Centrelink payment like Youth Allowance Centrelink pays for the whole course, which is really good. Look into wether you elligble for a Centrelink benefit because it comes in handy.

shane-o

HSC
N/A
I dont mean for this to sound stupid ..but I didnt exactly understand so yeah here goes. I didnt apply for tafe, I was going to, but changed my mind thinking ill like a year off instead but just this week, ive been wanting to go to tafe again for 2006.. so my friend says i just have to rock up on the enrolment day and hope there are vacancies and hopefully ill be able to find a course i can do. so is this really possible? i havent handed in an application or form or anything.. really confused and sorry guys if this entry is really confusing haha :|

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
shane-o said:
I dont mean for this to sound stupid ..but I didnt exactly understand so yeah here goes. I didnt apply for tafe, I was going to, but changed my mind thinking ill like a year off instead but just this week, ive been wanting to go to tafe again for 2006.. so my friend says i just have to rock up on the enrolment day and hope there are vacancies and hopefully ill be able to find a course i can do. so is this really possible? i havent handed in an application or form or anything.. really confused and sorry guys if this entry is really confusing haha :|
It depends if that course requires an application or not - some do, some don't.

The deadline for sending in an application has passed you by, but if you call up the campus you are interested in doing the course at you may find they may have vacancies there and *then* you can rock up. If they don't have vacancies you could try another campus(whereas if you just leave it you won't know if they even have a place for you.

For course that don't require and application you basically just rock up on the info day, though it would be a good idea to either look up on the site or call the campus to see if there is anything you need to bring in case there are interviews or placement tests or portfolios required.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)