Tafe Nsw To Macquaire (1 Viewer)

rooney10

HSC
N/A
I have applied for Accounting diploma(D2D) in TAFE NSW.....the course duration is 1.5yrs...so is the diploma from TAFE NSW any good????? Advantage and Disadvantage please....

And how much duration will it take to complete my bachelor degree from university(UTS or macquaire) after completing 1.5 yr of diploma????

How much exemption will i get when transferring my credits into university from TAFE NSW????

Any feedbacks will be greatly appreciated....

X

xeuyrawp

With regards to exemptions: These are all really difficult questions that really can't be answered by anyone here.

You need to talk with SES on 9850 6410. They'll talk with you about the whole process and will outline if you need to chat with anyone else (probably). Usually what happens is that they'll direct you to the relevant exemptions officer, and they'll chat with you about exactly how much credit for previous studies you'll get.

Last edited by a moderator:

shhy8029

HSC
N/A
rooney10 said:
I have applied for Accounting diploma(D2D) in TAFE NSW.....the course duration is 1.5yrs...so is the diploma from TAFE NSW any good????? Advantage and Disadvantage please....

And how much duration will it take to complete my bachelor degree from university(UTS or macquaire) after completing 1.5 yr of diploma????

How much exemption will i get when transferring my credits into university from TAFE NSW????

Any feedbacks will be greatly appreciated....
I'll answer your Q as much as I know...

Diploma from TAFE

Adv. - cheaper, less number of students in a class, less rigorous than uni
Disadv. - Your transfer to uni not guaranteed maybe?

Duration

I'm not too sure about this, but if you complete advanced diploma at TAFE, you'll only do 1.5 yrs at uni, and if you complete just diploma, then you'll need to spend 2 yrs.

Exemption

Almost half of first year core units, and 2 (possibly 3) out of 6 units in the second year.

If time is the only concern for you, why not try SIBT? you can complete the first year of uni within 8 months. that's....only when ur allowed to enrol in their fast-track program and not failing any unit. Con? when you finish SIBT your fee-help debt will be in 5 digits.

And of course, the best way to find out about this is to call ppl up and ask..

Last edited:

rooney10

HSC
N/A
shhy8029 said:
I'll answer your Q as much as I know...

Diploma from TAFE

Adv. - cheaper, less number of students in a class, less rigorous than uni
Disadv. - Your transfer to uni not guaranteed maybe?

Duration

I'm not too sure about this, but if you complete advanced diploma at TAFE, you'll only do 1.5 yrs at uni, and if you complete just diploma, then you'll need to spend 2 yrs.

Exemption

Almost half of first year core units, and 2 (possibly 3) out of 6 units in the second year.

If time is the only concern for you, why not try SIBT? you can complete the first year of uni within 8 months. that's....only when ur allowed to enrol in their fast-track program and not failing any unit. Con? when you finish SIBT your fee-help debt will be in 5 digits.

And of course, the best way to find out about this is to call ppl up and ask..
Thanks for the info....what i heard is TAFE NSW is not that good,so i wanted to ask you guys that will doing a diploma in tafe be any good...as you said SIBT is also a option but SIBT is a bit on the expensive side,

And if TAFE kills more than 6 months time normally than university, then i will have to look at the SIBT option,how much time btw does TAFE NSW kills compare to university..

And another thing,i read that it will take atleast 4.5yrs to 5yrs to complete a bachelor degree if i do from TAFE NSW then in University..

Can you answer these please...

shhy8029

HSC
N/A
rooney10 said:
how much time btw does TAFE NSW kills compare to university..
If you do diploma at TAFE, you will be granted 23 credit points according to this - http://www.efs.mq.edu.au/EFS_docs/programs_of_study2/accg_and_fin/Prog_Study_Accg_Prof_TAFE_assoc.pdf

and 23 credit points are done in 1 year, so thats extra 6 months at TAFE.

rooney10 said:
And another thing,i read that it will take atleast 4.5yrs to 5yrs to complete a bachelor degree if i do from TAFE NSW then in University..
Not really.

TAFE - 1.5 yrs
2nd year at uni - 1 yr
3rd year - 1 yr

so thats only 3.5 yrs.

4.5 yrs may be possible if the time you complete your diploma and uni starts clashes!?!?

and its Macquarie :(

Last edited:

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
rooney10 said:
...as you said SIBT is also a option but SIBT is a bit on the expensive side
MQ sold its academic soul for that expensive price tag: SIBT is also a bit on the crappy side, in terms of content/education quality. Won't give examples, because they get rather specific (noone on BOS fortunately though!), but generally, it's a moneymaking exercise for IBT education (listed company, part of our huge education export industry) and MQ (via full fee paying international students), rather than a quality academic institution.

..And that has implications if/when you articulate from SIBT to MQ uni proper.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Don't forget the latest incarnation of the IBT group with the Macquarie City College *ugh*.

X

xeuyrawp

AsyLum said:
Don't forget the latest incarnation of the IBT group with the Macquarie City College *ugh*.
Macquarie City College offers a university standard course at little expense.

Come in-store for details.* :)

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
AsyLum said:
Oh really? That's IBT, too? Gosh! Even more soul-selling!
PwarYuex said:
Come in-store for details.* :)
I'm too lazy to translate your sig -- what's the footnote/star/asterix mean?

X

xeuyrawp

Skittled said:
what's the footnote/star/asterix mean?
In linguistics, asterisks are used for fictitious or proposed/conjectured words, sounds, phrases, etc. It's a translation of an English song into a few related languages. :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Or "Terms and Conditions apply".

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Yeah, I've always seen the * and understand its footnote-y/see-elsewhere role, but... yeah. Dunno. lol. Ta guys.

X

xeuyrawp

Skittled said:
Yeah, I've always seen the * and understand its footnote-y/see-elsewhere role, but... yeah. Dunno. lol. Ta guys.
You'd come across it if you did anything like speech psychology/pathology, teaching, linguistics, yadda yadda.

Like Instead of saying "computer", the child says *compta. or something.

*shrugs*

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
PwarYuex said:
You'd come across it if you did anything like speech psychology/pathology, teaching, linguistics, yadda yadda.

Like Instead of saying "computer", the child says *compta. or something.

*shrugs*
Ahh. Well, never come across it in my 5 years of psych, but that said I've not looked at the linguistic-y side of it at all, so maybe that's why :)

Anyway, I'll stop hijacking this thread!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)