Taj al-Din al-Hilali tells "Christian women to wear veils" (1 Viewer)

Born2baplacebo

Get Behind Me Satan
HSC
melanieeeee. said:
yeah your point being?

her point being but mainly mine, is that being too serious about your religion, you end up everything that your religion opposes i.e. "thou shalt not kill" and the Crusades.

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
Born2baplacebo said:
her point being but mainly mine, is that being too serious about your religion, you end up everything that your religion opposes i.e. "thou shalt not kill" and the Crusades.
k. but i dont think that was her point. she said that she was serious about Christianity.

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
Born2baplacebo said:
And I'm making a point about extreme religious people.
k. then

why the hell did you quote me then?

Last edited:
HSC
I think she was trying to say that she didn't have significant knowledge concerning the bible/Christianity, as in she is not 'wise' about these things.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
PwarYuex said:
I just think it's funny; a Jew criticising a Muslim for saying 'we should do what they did', when you guys (illogically) do the same thing under the pretense of religious traditions.
I would argue the majority of Jews are less traditional and strict about religious physical requirements than the majority of Muslims (being recently hijacked by the Shii'a and all).

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
Ms. BRIGHTSIDE said:
I think she was trying to say that she didn't have significant knowledge concerning the bible/Christianity, as in she is not 'wise' about these things.
but she specifically said

theshortykatt said:
=] i take Christianity seriously..
one would think that someone who does take it seriously would know these things

Last edited:

Born2baplacebo

Get Behind Me Satan
HSC
melanieeeee. said:
k. then

why the hell did you quote me then?
cos I was talking to you.

I think she was trying to say that she didn't have significant knowledge concerning the bible/Christianity, as in she is not 'wise' about these things
are you a brick wall or something?

HSC
melanieeeee. said:
but she specifically said
theshortykatt said:
=] i take Christianity seriously..

one would think that someone who does take it seriously would know these things
Yes she did, and one would usually think that.
However, she also said:

theshortykatt said:
I'm young and have little knowledge of the bible =[
And in relation to whether she takes Christianity seriously:
theshortykatt said:
i do, but i never said i was wise

P

Pimpcess.Snaz

Gay Captain said:
Back on topic, our good Sheikh was obviously referring to stuff like this:

Ephesians 5:22-23
"Wives, be subject to your husbands as you are to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife just as Christ is the head of the church."

1 Corinthians 14:34-35
"Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak... And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home."

1 Timothy 2:13-15
"For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor. Yet she will be saved through childbearing, provided [she] continue in faith and love and holiness, with modesty."

Titus 2:3-5
"Likewise, tell the older women to be reverent in behavior, not to be slanderers or slaves to drink; they are to teach what is good, so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be self-controlled, chaste, good managers of the household, kind, being submissive to their husbands, so that the word of God may not be discredited."

1 Peter 3:1-7
"Wives...do not adorn yourselves outwardly by braiding your hair, and by wearing gold ornaments or fine clothing; rather, let your adornment be the inner self with the lasting beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit... It was in this way long ago that the holy women who hoped in God used to adorn themselves by accepting the authority of their husbands. Thus Sarah obeyed Abraham and called him lord."

This is what Christians are supposed to do if they believe the Bible.
When reading these, don't forget to consider the context :) The books of the Bible actually address issues that particular nations had at that time. For eg, Corinthians was addressed to the people of Corinth and etc.. Hence, why these shouldn't be taken literal due to different contextual meanings, which is logical right?

yeah but i'm interested in why Jesus was Jewish and all his original followers were Jewish, and all the first Christians were Jewish, but today Christians don't follow Jewish laws and traditions :D
When Jesus came to Earth, he made a new covenant, hence why, the gospels and everything written after are put into the New Testament so basically he abolished the law of Moses (However, some things from the Old Testament are still followed - I don't really know why but I plan to study a bit of theology after I'm done with school).

However, we do know for a fact that all the Old Testament's rituals and stuff aren't needed.. One prime example would be when Jesus broke that law about keeping the Sabbath holy.. But here's some evidence I tried to find :)

Ephesians 2:8-8 "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast"

Galatians 3:10-14 "For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse, for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them." But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for "The just shall live by faith." Yet the law is not of faith, but "The man who does them shall live by them." Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree"), that blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith."

St Paul talks about it heaps more but meh, not gonna quote the whole Bible

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
However, she also said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshortykatt
I'm young and have little knowledge of the bible =[
which was the reason why I said:

melanieeeee. said:
i thought you took Christianity seriously :/
-------------------------------------------

And in relation to whether she takes Christianity seriously:
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshortykatt
i do, but i never said i was wise
which is why I said:

melanieeeee. said:
knowing about the Christian faith has got little to do with being wise, if you were really serious.
------------------------------------------

Born2baplacebo said:
why not to everyone else?

HSC
I know, what I was saying is that I thought she meant something different to what Born2baplacebo said she did.
And I was trying to explain why I thought she used 'wise'.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Gay Captain said:
Back on topic, our good Sheikh was obviously referring to stuff like this:

Ephesians 5:22-23
"Wives, be subject to your husbands as you are to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife just as Christ is the head of the church."

1 Corinthians 14:34-35
"Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak... And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home."

1 Timothy 2:13-15
"For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor. Yet she will be saved through childbearing, provided [she] continue in faith and love and holiness, with modesty."

Titus 2:3-5
"Likewise, tell the older women to be reverent in behavior, not to be slanderers or slaves to drink; they are to teach what is good, so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be self-controlled, chaste, good managers of the household, kind, being submissive to their husbands, so that the word of God may not be discredited."

1 Peter 3:1-7
"Wives...do not adorn yourselves outwardly by braiding your hair, and by wearing gold ornaments or fine clothing; rather, let your adornment be the inner self with the lasting beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit... It was in this way long ago that the holy women who hoped in God used to adorn themselves by accepting the authority of their husbands. Thus Sarah obeyed Abraham and called him lord."

This is what Christians are supposed to do if they believe the Bible.

Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

:rofl:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)