Take Two: Holiday Plans (1 Viewer)

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
That was the other one I desperately did NOT want to do.
Maybe they do it on purpose, who knows.

Apparently the reason we're doing industrial chem, is that the teacher has good resources on it.
Why can't my school have resources on something interesting?
There's an idea.

Hehh.

Muz4PM

HSC
Hahaha.

We are doing shipwrecks because my teacher has done it before and is extremely knowledgeable on the topic, as opposed to something like Forensics where they would not be as familiar. Apparently, from what I have heard Froensics isn't that good? Maybe, not sure. I would be happier doing a boring option where my teacher knew the work and had the resources as opposed to one where they may not be as familiar but looked interesting.

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
Yeah, this is probably the smarter option, as my teacher knows more aswell.
But I still feel justified in whinging, lol.
Apparently these are the two most common options aswell, and apparently that makes it good? According to my teacher anyway. I kinda zoned out a little at that point.
The whole class was virtually whining at her.

Its a bit depressing, I mean, there are so many more interesting things to do with chem, than things like shipwrecks and industrial.
But I have to say, I'm glad we didn't get shipwrecks, solely because I'm not great at redox reactions =|

Muz4PM

HSC
Hollieee said:
Yeah, this is probably the smarter option, as my teacher knows more aswell.
But I still feel justified in whinging, lol.
Apparently these are the two most common options aswell, and apparently that makes it good? According to my teacher anyway. I kinda zoned out a little at that point.
The whole class was virtually whining at her.

Its a bit depressing, I mean, there are so many more interesting things to do with chem, than things like shipwrecks and industrial.
But I have to say, I'm glad we didn't get shipwrecks, solely because I'm not great at redox reactions =|
Lol, I agree with the final points there about industrial and shipwrecks, there are a number of interesting things in Chemistry, so why look at shipwrecks...unless of course you like it.

I am alright at redox reactions, so that is why I think that shipwrecks would be ok for me to study.

Muz4PM

HSC
Kujah said:
I want to do Biochemistry :D
Apparently Forensics has a small bit of Biology in it? Or so I was told? Anyone can confirm or deny?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Probabaly, as its related to DNA and such. But I think our teacher's going to do Shipwrecks. The only thing deterring me from doing Biochemistry alone is that its got around 10 sections of dot points. So if we do biochemistry, then great. If not, I'll just stick with Shipwrecks :)sleep:)

Harley30

HSC
sasan160 said:
im usually doing 5-6 hrs a day
Wow, that makes me feel really lazy. I didn't get much work to do over the holidays, cheering! I should probably study, but we'll see how that goes seeing as the procrastination has in!

Other plans for the holidays are basically to be nocturnal, and hang out with mates and stuff when they're free.

Muz4PM

HSC
Harley30 said:
Wow, that makes me feel really lazy. I didn't get much work to do over the holidays, cheering! I should probably study, but we'll see how that goes seeing as the procrastination has in!

Other plans for the holidays are basically to be nocturnal, and hang out with mates and stuff when they're free.
What subjects do you do?

Be nocturnal, LOL.

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
There was the actual Biochem topic, which was to do with things like fats, carbs, energy etc.
Which I find pretty interesting, and it would be very similar to the PDH course, which I also do.
So it would have meant less study for me, bastards.
Or more time to get it right?

I'm average at redox reactions, but I have things that I prefer to do lol.
=)
Maths is not my strong point..

Muz4PM

HSC
Kujah said:
Probabaly, as its related to DNA and such. But I think our teacher's going to do Shipwrecks. The only thing deterring me from doing Biochemistry alone is that its got around 10 sections of dot points. So if we do biochemistry, then great. If not, I'll just stick with Shipwrecks :)sleep:)
Yeeah, Shipwrecks FTW!

I mean, if it is one of the easier of the options then that is good, as you can then concentrate on other subjects/parts of chemistry you may not get instead of battling something which is hard or extremely long.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Muz4PM said:
Yeeah, Shipwrecks FTW!

I mean, if it is one of the easier of the options then that is good, as you can then concentrate on other subjects/parts of chemistry you may not get instead of battling something which is hard or extremely long.
Especially when I barely pay any attention in Chemistry ;)

Muz4PM

HSC
Kujah said:
Especially when I barely pay any attention in Chemistry ;)
LOL, and didn't you get an awesome mark for chemistry in your half yearlies?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Muz4PM said:
LOL, and didn't you get an awesome mark for chemistry in your half yearlies?
But still, I do have to admit that the content's pretty dry and boring. So would most people.

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
-Nods vigorously-
Yeah, pretty much.
Nothing dulls chemistry down like a Board of Studies syllabus and a teacher whose taught it way too many times. =)

Muz4PM

HSC
Harley30 said:
Adv. English, Gen. Maths, Geog, Ancient Hist. & Senior Science
If you can defeat the procrastination problem...which we all seem to have, see if you can go to your notes/textbook and see if you can do a summary on one or two of your subjects on wherever you are up to. Doing some notes now, whilst the homework is not very intense will help you in the long run.

Geography, what's that like as a subject? I remember liking it in the junior school, is the senior stuff easy? Hard? Interesting?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Hollieee said:
-Nods vigorously-
Yeah, pretty much.
Nothing dulls chemistry down like a Board of Studies syllabus and a teacher whose taught it way too many times. =)
Or when a teacher mumbles to himself most of the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)