taking grog on the plane (1 Viewer)

The Bograt

boredofuni
HSC
whoever said pick it up duty free at Coolangatta is a genius, thankyou!
Though I might need to bring an empty suitcase with me...

dave_119

Banned
HSC
The Bograt said:
whoever said pick it up duty free at Coolangatta is a genius, thankyou!
Though I might need to bring an empty suitcase with me...
u cant buy it duty free. cause you are not flying in from overseas!! even if u were on an international flight, and got off in coolongatta.. u stilll cant buy tax free grog

..:MizJay:..

Super Supre Member
HSC
dave_119 said:
u cant buy it duty free. cause you are not flying in from overseas!! even if u were on an international flight, and got off in coolongatta.. u stilll cant buy tax free grog
i dont think people are understanding what 'duty free' means.. First, understand that "duty" is a generic term describing a variety of taxes imposed on goods. Once outside a nations borders, you can buy duty free cigarettes at 33,000 feet or on the high seas. International airports get around the tax bite because they are in designated foreign trade zones.

you are not flying internationally to coolangatta. its only just interstate! You cannot buy duty free products when going to QLD, and what the hell would you be doing in an international airport anyway? You'd be in the domestic section.. der

dave_119

Banned
HSC
blacksnack said:
i dont think people are understanding what 'duty free' means.. First, understand that "duty" is a generic term describing a variety of taxes imposed on goods. Once outside a nations borders, you can buy duty free cigarettes at 33,000 feet or on the high seas. International airports get around the tax bite because they are in designated foreign trade zones.

you are not flying internationally to coolangatta. its only just interstate! You cannot buy duty free products when going to QLD, and what the hell would you be doing in an international airport anyway? You'd be in the domestic section.. der
blacksnack!! didnt i jst say that in lesser words?

..:MizJay:..

Super Supre Member
HSC
yeh u did!! i just wanted to make it REALLY clear so people stop wasting their time daydreaming about "cheap" stuff they are unable to purchase anyway..

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
redruM said:
read the fine print of the flight tickets.
we went with virgin last yr and were allowed 5L of alcholic beverages per person in our luggage.

dont think you can pick up tax free alchohol since you arent going overseas...
Ahhh the good old days ay Rahul... *wink wink*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)