• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

taking more than 4 units? (1 Viewer)

Darkenedjib

HSC
Hi all,
I'm a second year doing b.computing, and for this coming semester I wish to take 5 units, one to make up for a fail from the previous year <_<. Was wondering if that is possible? A friend said he has tried enrolling for 5 units in MySR but the system did not allow for more than 4 to be chosen, is this true?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
You'll need to get an "Rule Waiver Request"form filled by your unit or subject co-ordinator to overload(form must be collected/given to the student centre for processing), i don't suggest doing this unless your really confident you can pass all ur units.

GreenLeaf

consultant
HSC
N/A
^ yeah, and they usually won't let you do 5 unless you're in your final year and the unit is stopping you from graduating on time. And your less likely to get it approved if you have a record of failing, suggesting you may not be able to handle 5 units.

You should consider doing the failed subject in the Summer Session (after X'mas; but before Autumn Semester). It's a lot faster (5 weeks) and won't waste as much of your time if you've already learnt most of the stuff already.

Darkenedjib

HSC
Thanks for the help guys :). Yeah I'm fairly confident in passing since I'm aware of the workload and already have some knowledge of the material. But interested to find out more about this summer course, it's only for 5 weeks and it counts as a full unit? Should I visit the student centre to ask about enrolling?

Thanks again :p.

GreenLeaf

consultant
HSC
N/A
hmm no, summer course enrolments don't start until around Novemeber so you've got a while to wait..

It only takes 5 weeks because 1 unit would have 2 lectures and 2 tutorials in one week. Thats a lot to learn in one week so it's very rushed.. and if you haven't done the subject before but planning to do it in Summer, it would be a lot more stressful than normal semesters. if you've failed the unit, its a good choice to do summer to get it over with quicker. Type in 'Summer session' on the UWS site for more info..

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
are only limited subjects offered in the summer session? i need to repeat a subject because i dropped it, but it looks like it's only offered in autumn session on my campus...

HSC
ambermorn said:
are only limited subjects offered in the summer session? i need to repeat a subject because i dropped it, but it looks like it's only offered in autumn session on my campus...
It's autumn/spring, but yeah generally they only run the subjects in sem1 in sem1 of every year... sem2 in sem2 of every year.

Darkenedjib

HSC
I was wondering the same thing, the units I failed in aren't listed on the summer courses. But guess I could always just taken those as electives and replace my other electives during autumn/spring with the failed ones =3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)