• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Taking Rolls in Lectures (1 Viewer)

kaitoufion

HSC
Just wondering if the lecturer takes the roll in the following subjects:
* CHEM1011
* CHEM1021
* BIOS1201
* MATH1041

For example, if I have enrolled into Time A but suddenly there's something happen and I attend the lecture on Time B instead, is that gonna matter if the lecturer is going to take the roll? Am I allow to do that??

ellie*

HSC
Strictly speaking, you enrol in one lecture stream and are supposed to stick to that, but many many people mix and match to suit their timetable. The only times you have to attend your allocated class is for tutorials and labs where rolls are kept. You have to go to 80% of these classes or you'll get an automatic fail (unless you have a medical certificate, then they can organise for you to go to a make-up class or something).

The only thing you need to be careful about is realising that in chem, the three different lecture streams are taken by different lecturers so the material (such as lecture notes) may be quite different, and they tend to go at different paces. Maths on the other hand has two streams of identical lectures, so you can figure out which are the repeats and structure your time around that.

I wouldn't really recommend changing between streams for chem as it can get really confusing when you go to a class where they're slightly ahead of your normal lecture and you have no idea what they're talking about. Good luck!:)

ellie*

HSC
Actually, now that I think about it, the BIOS streams are repeats too.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Yes, the BIOS streams are repeats. Generally, unless the lectures are repeats, you should stick to one stream.

Thinking of skipping lectures already are we?

Affinity

HSC
that's part of how things work around the university

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)