• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

taking time off (1 Viewer)

madison_manson

HSC
anyone whose done their hsc, do you have advice or have you taken time off close to your exams, im thinking of taking two days off two weeks before trial hsc to go to a concert. i no its not the best idea, but its something im really considering any advice?

kcqn93

HSC
anyone whose done their hsc, do you have advice or have you taken time off close to your exams, im thinking of taking two days off two weeks before trial hsc to go to a concert. i no its not the best idea, but its something im really considering any advice?
well if all your work is done and you're fully prepared for the trials, go ahead. if not... you should just stay home and study...

hvf26

Awesome Member
HSC
be careful about missing out work thats gonna be in the test if you do though
2 weeks before trials you shouldve covered everything but i duno, all schools are diff. find out first
then yeah go from there
id advise not to tho, hsc comes once, concerts come all the time (just wait like another year or two to go to the same band or something)

twistedrebel

HSC
be careful about missing out work thats gonna be in the test if you do though
2 weeks before trials you shouldve covered everything but i duno, all schools are diff. find out first
then yeah go from there
id advise not to tho, hsc comes once, concerts come all the time (just wait like another year or two to go to the same band or something)
your choice, depends on how prepared you will be by then

nutcracker

the restaurant at the end of the universe.
HSC
your choice, depends on how prepared you will be by then
+1

Like, sometimes, if I feel really prepared for an exam and there's nothing else I can do, I spend the night before just watching TV and relaxing and I end up doing a lot better than I would have if I had spent the night just stressing about it.

So yeah, up to you =) See what stage you're at during that time. It will be important to take time out and relax coz trials are bound to get stressful =/

HSC
Uni Grad
Depends on where you're at really.

With 2 weeks to go there will be little/nothing new so may as well if you are fine with everything that has been covered as it will almost certainly be just revision based stuff.

NewiJapper

HSC
You could build up "Study credits", as in that you study more hours than normal to make up for the hours you are going to loose when you go to the concerts?

gella

HSC
theres nothing wrong with it, go out and enjoy yourself. don't become an anti-social gookstar over the hsc

gesh17

HSC
N/A
Honestly, I found that since the start of year 12, I've become pretty much indifferent to the assumed seriousness and gravity of the HSC. The day before exams or exam-style assessments, I usually just end up going for a swim or listening to music before going to bed and then having a quick glance at some stuff in the morning.

But in the end, I suppose its whatever works for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)