Taking visual arts for HSC without taking it as elective...? (1 Viewer)

nitelite

HSC
Essentially the question in the heading.
I didn't take visual arts as an elective (for various reasons), but I want to do something I enjoy for HSC. So, I'm just wondering, is it possible to take the HSC subject without taking the elective? Or am I going to have to jump through a few hoops, or not be allowed at all?

Feel free to shoot me if this is a stupid question.

HSC
I'm doing art in year 11 now, and doing it in year 9 & 10 definitely helped, however, my school will allow you to do it in yr 11 whether you did it for an elective or not. As long as you have a reasonable amount of ability then you'll be fine. Just keep in mind, that it's 50% theory, and a lot of people do not realise that.

johony

HSC
if you are good at english, the transition will be more than fine; picking out techniques, themes and styles is fairly similar what you do in english - except visually instead of textually. the top student in our class didn't do art in year 9 & 10.

as for the major work, pick a medium you know won't be difficult and let it develop.

hiimhere11

HSC
I didn't take art as an yr 9 and 10 elective, but picked it up this year for yr11 and i'm ranking first.

The concepts are pretty easy to pick up and the course is make to support beginners.

Just remember its not all fun. Sure you get to do a major work but theres a heap of theory involved too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)