talented students program (1 Viewer)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Saul said:
im still not happy.... ah well, serves me right for not ever paying attention in to physics
dude, i must be seeing ur all day long then =) we should do similar uos's...

BTW DUDES~~~~~~ FEELIN ULTRA ATM ^^
got invited for maths ssp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^^ ultra ultra ultra =)
i love democracy... i love usyd =)

Saul

*ss
HSC
xiao1985 said:
dude, i must be seeing ur all day long then =) we should do similar uos's...

BTW DUDES~~~~~~ FEELIN ULTRA ATM ^^
got invited for maths ssp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^^ ultra ultra ultra =)
i love democracy... i love usyd =)

oh well done! but meanwhile, didn't you get like an HD average? surely thats enough to get you into tsp?

and on another note, what tsp projects are people doing this semester?

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Saul said:
oh well done! but meanwhile, didn't you get like an HD average? surely thats enough to get you into tsp?

and on another note, what tsp projects are people doing this semester?
WOA??? u can enter tsp at second sem??? @@
i didn't know that... if i did then i definitely would have... =S

sigh~~~ not gettin 99+ uai pays.... it pays dearly...

Saul

*ss
HSC
i'm actually not too sure, i just always thought it was... i don't want to get your hopes up for nothing

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
I know it says (from what Ive read) you can get in second year although Im not sure about second semester

Saul

*ss
HSC
i just found this little tidbit

To be considered for the program in their second and third years, students should have a weighted average mark in the previous year (Yearly Average Mark - YAM) of at least 85 and a high distinction grade in an appropriate Science subject area.
does anyone know if this is needed to stay in as well? i really couldn't be fucked putting in alot of effort this semester

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
uhm... saul, is it really worth it doin tsp tho???

cuz i heard from a tsp friend of mine, that a LOT of work is required for tsp...
she did the water project thingimagie....

Saul

*ss
HSC
oh for sure! the water project thing was different to most of the shit you can do, it allows you alot of freedom. Like this semester coming up i'll be doing some projects on coral in the electron microscopy unit, pretty much one on one with a professor. If you're actually interested in science then its fucking fantastic, and if you only want good marks, then i hear they tend to give out HD's as a standard - although i could be wrong.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Saul said:
oh for sure! the water project thing was different to most of the shit you can do, it allows you alot of freedom. Like this semester coming up i'll be doing some projects on coral in the electron microscopy unit, pretty much one on one with a professor. If you're actually interested in science then its fucking fantastic, and if you only want good marks, then i hear they tend to give out HD's as a standard - although i could be wrong.
uhm... then in that case, i would LOVE tsp, if they have maths tsp... or maybe chem, not too sure....

btw, saul, still dunno who u are yet @@ who ARE u??? =p

Saul

*ss
HSC
first year molecular biology student... :) what more can i say?

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Saul said:
first year molecular biology student... :) what more can i say?
=p blehz,,, i thought u do b sci(adv) ><

bsci (adv) ROCKS!!!!!! aprt from i had to do b sci / b comm ='(

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I think molecular bio is advanced, just with extra conditions.

Saul

*ss
HSC
kinda, its not an advanced degree, but you still are required to do most core subjects at an advanced level.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Saul said:
kinda, its not an advanced degree, but you still are required to do most core subjects at an advanced level.
so which area in tsp are u doing saul???

=)

*edit: stupid 30 second regulation... ><

Saul

*ss
HSC
i'm not really doing anything related to my degree - im doing some microscopy (electron, fluorescent) on coral samples and things, and also some history and philosophy on genetic determinism... it should be ok, i hope i haven'te over extended myself.

btw, for everyone in tsp - i asked while handing in my form the other day, and you need a WAM of 80 to stay in the program in second year.

Matthaeus

TSP rocks, i know ppl that are milking it for all it can do, like i got a friend doing 40 cp because hes doing lots of TSP units, 3rd yr maths and TSP projects.

I think TSP students are supposedly realli smart and if ur not u can use that to ur advantage.

This mid sem break we get a free trip to observatory and canberra and you get to meet the professors. This is phys TSP btw.

I hear the wam to get in is 75 (d average) and an hd in some science subject, I am not realli sure.

Saul

*ss
HSC
im fairly sure its 85 wam to get in

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)