Talented Students Program (1 Viewer)

jet

Banned
HSC
After looking at the requirements, I qualify for the talented student program.

I'm curious to know when selection letters/offers are sent out, as I have not received one, and I was told my a person who has done it that they got their letter before Info day.

So, has anyone received an offer yet?

jet

Banned
HSC
The requirement are on the website. Atar of 99+, and either a B6 in a science course or a 95+ in 4u maths. I satisfy all of those...

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
I too didn't get that invitation yet and so I guess we are going to be advised on our enrolment days as we choose our first year subjects? Not sure

pc1992

HSC
same here. i'm guessing thats cos im doing combined law so they dont know if im doing science yet. maybe same situation for u guys?

which course are u guys choosing>>?

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
I'm doing combined adv sci - med
and jetblack is doing adv sci (he'll get into graduate med through the normal way but he'll surely get in!)

r.uss

HSC
Has anybody recieved a letter yet?

I wonder how it would work for students who got an offer for a combined degree...

ssglain

HSC
LOL. Yeah, that "person who has done it" would be me. In '07 I received an invitation to the program and the TSP function on Info Day very soon after HSC/UAI results came out.

And since I worked for Marketing & Student Recruitment on Info Day this year, I know for a fact there was a TSP function. I've asked a few other people around work and nobody knows for sure why you haven't received anything, but these are some reasonable suggestions:
  • Some letters from the uni were lost in the mail strike in late Dec
  • The Faculty of Science can't contact you about any of the science programs if you applied for a combined degrees where you didn't need to specify your interest in science until enrolment day (e.g. combined law degrees)
  • You didn't have a degree offered through the Faculty of Science as your first preference before the letters were sent out
Hopefully everything will be sorted out for you guys at enrolment next week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)