Tamil Tigers (1 Viewer)

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
You really are oblivious to the happenings within Palestine and probably should not spout this garbage here in the presence of those with a somewhat deeper understanding.

Fatah's credibility as a viable option for the liberation of the Palestinian state lied almost solely with it's leader Yasser Arafat. Upon his death and the succession of Mahmoud Abbas alot of the credibility had gone. The circumstances surrounding Hamas' election were not as you claim. Fatah lost popular support and began to be seen as working in collusion with the Israeli state and so the more militant Hamas which demonstrated it's militancy was the more obvious choice. The fact is they were democractically elected, whereas the Tamil Tigers never have been.
That is the biggest load of garbage I've read in quite a while. Who are you to determine that Fatah is not a viable way to piece? Fatah is the only viable way to peace and ultimately a fair two state solution for the Palestinian and Israeli people. Anyone with sense knows that the premise of Hamas achieving liberation for the Palestinian people is about as probable as the strategic effectiveness of the missiles they lob randomly in Israel's direction. You need only look at the cooperation between Israel and the West Bank and the incredibly high education rates in the West Bank, progress Fatah has achieved despite an at times crippling Israeli occupation to see Fatah is the way forward to peace.

You completely discount Fatah's position as a legitamate opposition to Hamas and justify your claims merely with the claim that Hamas has more balls, or rather more stupidity, to stand up to a vastly superior foe. Fatah would have won the 'election' if it hadn't been terrorised and exiled by the Hamas military wing. Despite the reppression of Fatah supporters, they actually achieved more popular support and would have won the 'election' if it hadn't been for foolish election strategies (like Fatah having up to 3 members standing for each seat, splitting the Fatah vote.*)

* IFES Feature Story

Furthermore, I would like to add that 'democratic elections' mean nothing when the elected government does not follow up these elections with democratic rule. The oppresion of any opposition in Gaza by Hamas ( Hamas torturing, killing 'collaborators': Amnesty - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) ) and their bringing about collective punishment on all the people of Gaza does not constitute the actions of a democratic government.

You're delusional if you believe that Hamas is working for outside influences. It is working for it's own national interests, the fact that their interests coincides with that of their neighbours is merely a coincidence and not a fact. They want to see a liberated Palestine as do many others.
National interests? Hamas has no national interests, they believe Islamic Sharia law and seek to create a country that operates under these principles. When Hamas was elected they removed all Palestinian flags and replaced them with the Hamas flag bearing the Shahadah (the Islamic creed) and have continued this practice. I also maintain that Hamas would not survive without the support of Iran and Syria and that they are merely puppets of Damascus.

Last edited:

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
Rubbish. What's it to you whether people have double standards or not. Its none of your fucking business. and who the bloody hell do you think you are, to "hold account those who criticize Israel", wtf?.
What's to you what I write? Wtf? Chilllllllllllllz brotha.

now that teh 25 yr civil war in sri lanka has been resolved, lets go help nepal out shall we :)
hehehe, one step at a time. Agreed though.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
is that a problem?
Yes. Sharia law defined the peak of human rights in the world during the Islamic Golden Age and arguably up until the 18th century. That is no longer the case, we are now in the 21st century and the Sharia law system is outdated and arguably, in comparison with most democracies, no longer sufficiently protective of human rights (particularly equality of the sexes.)

HSC
bro, please. I agree its fucked up for the 21st century but if that's what they fucking want then who gives a flying fuck. How its even related to the Palestinians nationalist movement and Israeli oppression is what I want to know.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
bro, please. I agree its fucked up for the 21st century but if that's what they fucking want then who gives a flying fuck.
Not me personally. I'm just a shit stirrer, I like picking a side and arguing for it - I have no connection to these conflicts. I'd argue that the many oppressed people like women would care and even if they didn't the Western world would care and turn its noses up at these 'barbarians' :p

How its even related to the Palestinians nationalist movement and Israeli oppression is what I want to know.
Sharia law or the Tamil tigers? I'm confused now xD

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
I want to open by stating this is not a thread about Palestine and that it is you who has double standards and are a hypocrite, not I or anybody else and I would seek to point that out.

That is the biggest load of garbage I've read in quite a while. Who are you to determine that Fatah is not a viable way to piece?
I find you highly amusing.

Who am I to determine that Fatah is not a viable way to piece (sic)?
I am nobody. Merely an observer and a supporter of the Palestian people. It is the Palestinian people who must decide who can present a viable way to end the occupation. Don't mistake the Palestinian peoples position. There can be no peace without justice, and for the most part they see or saw Hamas as a way of bringing about justice.

So to answer that question, the Palestinians determined it and neither you nor I has a right to tell them otherwise. Especially not Israel or the United States who sought to punish them for electing a government of their choice by further isolating, ceasing aid, and in the case of Israel blocking the Gaza strip off from any supplies in effect strangling the country of resources and the neccessities to life.

Fatah is the only viable way to peace and ultimately a fair two state solution.
Wait just one second we're only two lines into this and already you're showing hypocrisy?

I put this to you:
Who are you to determine that Fatah is a viable way to piece?

Now I could go on refuting every point you made in regards to the Palestine question, but lets deal with the Tamil question in Sri Lanka. The Tamil Tigers, unlike Hamas were not elected by the people they seek to represent. Moreso, even though the case for the state is practically non-existent since they are not the representatives it would be an impossibility for the Sri Lankan government to negotiate with them in those terms. As they do not have the popular support of the Tamils, whereas Hamas does have the support of the Palestinians.

Now piss off you troll.

Last edited:

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
I find you highly amusing.
Thank you, means I'm doing my job. I do do a bit of stand up comedy on the side. You should come see me sometime :)

Now I could go on refuting every point you made in regards to the Palestine question
Please do, if not in this thread, than through PM. You might as well do me the privilege; I'm going to the effort of writing this message with my face attached to my palm from reading your message.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Thank you, means I'm doing my job. I do do a bit of stand up comedy on the side. You should come see me sometime :)
I am a harsh critic. But if that is a serious offer and you are indeed a stand up comedian I would be delighted to come and see you some time.

Please do, if not in this thread, than through PM.
My PM box is full and I can not part with any of the messages there as some of them have been around for quite a while.

So perhaps another time in a thread particularly about the Palestine question.

I'm going to the effort of writing this message with my face attached to my palm from reading your message.
Cool story bro.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)