Taming hair (1 Viewer)

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
So my hair is really bad, it's extremely thick and I can't really do anything to style it. I wash it on average every two days, using both shampoo and conditioner (I've been told more than this is bad). Basically my hair is just a giant puff and curls slightly on the ends making it look extremely retarded.

Any tips how to tame it? What's that stuff they have in the spray bottles at hair dressers? Because that seems to work really well, but it only lasts for the day I actually get my hair cut.

Shaving my head or whatever isn't an option, makes me look like even more a boof-head.

Wow this is so gay, but I'm sick of this hair.

karoooh

HSC
Get layers! It'll thin out your hair!

If your hair tends to get frizzy as well, then either buy a hair straightener and use some hair product, Fudge or something OR Deal with the frizz for a week or two until it settles down.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i think maybe either dont wash it as often or dont use contitioner as often. or talk to a hairdresser and get some professional advice

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
talk to a hair dresser about it. they'd probably know how to fix it one way or another. have you tried to google it?

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
o yeah if you do use conditioner you're suppose to apply it to the tips of your hair and leave it in for 3-4 mins.

rozymisty

HSC
My hair goes beserk too, its so frizzy and so puffy its annoying and so i always wear it uip.... the last time i got a hair cut I got layers and that helps a bit.

I do straighten my hair if im going to wear it out, but sometimes it wont stay straight at all which is soo anoying, andi have tried 2 products-Wella staightening cream and Paul mitchell heat seal. The PM one is meant to protect the hair while you are straightening it and apparently helps keep the straightness...hm doesnt work either of them

But i started getting the sunsilk shamppoo and conditoner, and my hair has become thin in places which is a realy big concern for me, na my flatmate told me that she used it in the past and it made her hair go thin, so im just wondering if any of you use Sunsilk and find the same thing. I use the yellow shampoo for damaged hair and sometimes the dandruff one, and the green conditoner.

What is teh ghd straighter? Coz my aunt said they are the best for straightening hair, but heat and that can damage hair so yeh. ive just got a basic hair straqighter from Grab it for $20 so yeh

Skeeta

HSC
ghd is the gospel of hair straightening

$300 you will NOT regret spending if you have curls

rozymisty

HSC
lol oh right. Hm well I dont have $300 at the moment so i may just have to scrimp and save....

stazi

Nightman
HSC
lol 'heat will damage hair'... so i bought the cheapest possible worst quality straightener i could find.

uhawwwwwwwwww: get a straightener for serious though

Born2baplacebo

Get Behind Me Satan
HSC
Get Garnier Mostourising (sp?) Milk, it's so much better than their anti-frizz stuff. And it's also recommended to use it after straightening (not before).

rozymisty

HSC
stazi said:
lol 'heat will damage hair'... so i bought the cheapest possible worst quality straightener i could find.

uhawwwwwwwwww: get a straightener for serious though
haha yes well I didnt exactly have the money for a expensive one. I did get on on sale at Myer last year but it was way to bulky to handle, it was one with those huge plates and really chunky-I returned it straight away.

x.glam

HSC
sorry am i missing something (clearly!). why is it that you're not suppose to use shampoo and condit together? and why are some ppl saying they dont even use condit full stop?? i thought you are suppose to use them together...

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yes you clearly are. no one in this thread is saying you shouldnt use them together. some are saying you shouldnt use it full stop (depending on the type of conditioner, your type of hair, and the effect you desire)

x.glam

HSC
yer i get what your saying. but by together i meant like one after another (just incase u were wondering=p). however what i really wanted to know was why some ppl just dont use it at all?? ive never heard that its damaging so yer....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)