Tamworthians going to ANU in 2008 (1 Viewer)

Kyle O'Brien

HSC
Have any people from Tamworth accepted an offer to go to ANU, and deferred going till 2008? Curious to see if I'm the only one.

For those of you not from Tamworth, yes we are the town refused to allow refugees families move here under a DIMA program. And we are not all hicks, as matter of fact the council backed down and voted 8 to 1 in favour of trying to work with DIMA, in the face of popular opposal of the decision. The 1 that voted against it, only wished for an immediate guarantee of working with the refugees.

Still reading? Well I'll admit it, it is because the majority of Tamworthians will accept that decision, and not believe that those opposed to the decision will try and bury it in a mountain of bureacrcy, so in the end they still have the original decision with out looking like bad guys.

timmyh

HSC
hey mate, yeah im from Tamworth... im going into 2nd year at ANU studying science (psychology) and living at Johns. ANU really isnt that popular with ppl from Tamworth cos its so far away, i know of only one other person from Tamworth at ANU at the moment. I also know of one other guy going to ANU, starting this year and hoping to stay at Johns.
2008 is a long way off though so i dunno what the situation will be like by then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)