TAS allocation (1 Viewer)

lizbon

HSC
i have a different problem, theres 4 hr gap between my tuts on wednesday from 12 to 4.

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
lizbon said:
i have a different problem, theres 4 hr gap between my tuts on wednesday from 12 to 4.
Maybe you could try to move a couple of tutorials from another day, into that time slot. I have a three hour gap on the wednesday, so that's what I'm going to try to do.

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
u know if we move our tutorials... we can't be guaranteed to get what we want right? so if the tutes allocated to us the second time is even worse than now then we won't be able to change it again. hmm...just not sure whether to change my tute times

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
~dEjA vOuX~ said:
On a thursday I have from 10-5:30 with only a half hour break between 11:30 and 12. Do we have to go to uni to try and change the times for tutes, or can we do it from home? Is it now decided on a first in first served basis?

mushroom_head said:
u know if we move our tutorials... we can't be guaranteed to get what we want right? so if the tutes allocated to us the second time is even worse than now then we won't be able to change it again. hmm...just not sure whether to change my tute times
Alright.
1. You can change your tute times from 9AM Monday 28th at home OR at uni - to change them at home, download the telnet client program from the TAS website (be warned though, last year there was a problem with that so for all of monday, you could only change them at uni in the quad labs)

2. It will be on a first come first serve basis. Basically, the program will give you a list of the available tute times (ie the ones with vacancies) for each subject, and you choose the time you want and presto, you're enrolled. There's no more preference stuff. Thats why you have to do it early on monday to get the best available times.

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
Minai said:
Alright.
1. You can change your tute times from 9AM Monday 28th at home OR at uni - to change them at home, download the telnet client program from the TAS website (be warned though, last year there was a problem with that so for all of monday, you could only change them at uni in the quad labs)

2. It will be on a first come first serve basis. Basically, the program will give you a list of the available tute times (ie the ones with vacancies) for each subject, and you choose the time you want and presto, you're enrolled. There's no more preference stuff. Thats why you have to do it early on monday to get the best available times.
AH HA! Watchout for me running off the bus and into the library! at 7am! (lol, maybe 9 sharp)

you can change it in the library.. right? The quad labs?

Last edited:

pyko

psychopyko.com
HSC
hmmm...i can't remember if i got my first pref. or not....but the times are ok, no clashes, so i'm happy :p

so i'mguessing at the end of session1 we apply for our session 2 TAS times?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Eagles said:
AH HA! Watchout for me running off the bus and into the library! at 7am! (lol, maybe 9 sharp)

you can change it in the library.. right? The quad labs?
No, the TAS programs are only operating from Lab 10 in the Quadrangle building (It's directly upstairs from the Quad Store, near the UNSW bookshop)

kaitoufion

HSC
So even now we know our times for tutorials for FCE courses, we still don't need to go to them until Week 2 right??
Week 1 = no tutorials/seminars
right?

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
Minai said:
No, the TAS programs are only operating from Lab 10 in the Quadrangle building (It's directly upstairs from the Quad Store, near the UNSW bookshop)
so does that mean i can't change my tute times at home???

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
Minai said:
okok, cool... I'll just run around there for a while till I find it :D (good exercise)

you can have a rep for answering all those questions :)

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
kaitoufion said:
So even now we know our times for tutorials for FCE courses, we still don't need to go to them until Week 2 right??
Week 1 = no tutorials/seminars
right?
yes, from what i've gathered. Tuts are revision on previous week's lectures.

mushroom_head said:
so does that mean i can't change my tute times at home???
Minai said:
to change them at home, download the telnet client program from the TAS website (be warned though, last year there was a problem with that so for all of monday, you could only change them at uni in the quad labs)
haha, referencing!

flip

HSC
N/A
hey i'm having a little trouble installing the TASS.EXE kit.

it says under "16 bit Windows subsystem" - "the system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. chose 'close' to terminate this application."

any help?

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Minai said:
on the tas website it says to use the John Goodsell Lab 1 or Quad lab 6 if demand requires it. So are we meant to go to lab 10 or the john goodsell lab?

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
you can do it at home too
i don't know which lab it is, most likely the quad labs

i would change it at home, much more convenient

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
flip said:
hey i'm having a little trouble installing the TASS.EXE kit.

it says under "16 bit Windows subsystem" - "the system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. chose 'close' to terminate this application."

any help?
your windows XP is missing the 16bit backwards compatible drivers, it will be difficult to install it now. Unless you want to reinstall windows, i recomend you change it at uni, in the labs

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
~dEjA vOuX~ said:
on the tas website it says to use the John Goodsell Lab 1 or Quad lab 6 if demand requires it. So are we meant to go to lab 10 or the john goodsell lab?
Alright then they've changed the room.

John Goodsell Lab 1 is easiest to get to from the Scientia. The entrance is directly opposite the Scientia Lawn (look for a downhill slope into a brown building)

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
that entrance is kind of hidden
easier and less searching around if you just get inside the John Goodsell building through commerce courtyard and then go one level down

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)