tas prefs (1 Viewer)

miffytoki

HSC
i just have a quick question...i'm a bit confused about the TAS system...

when u type in your prefs for TAS and u're allowed to submit up to 5 "good times"...can u overlap the "good times" between tutorials?

for eg. if i say i want to have tutorial A (for lecture A) at 11-12am tuesday....and then continue to submit multiple other times...can i then again submit that same time for lecture B? ...will TAS automatically take into account your other preferences for other lecture tutorials??

atm i've submitted 3 prefs for each of my lectures with no times overlapping in the hopes of trying to get a timetable of 3 days a week...but i'm worried that maybe i have to submit 5...

pyko

psychopyko.com
HSC
hmm, yes i was pondering over that too when i was selecting my 'good' times.

In the end I think I did have a few overlaps...but what I did was for say ACCT I had my 1st pref in "time 1" and for another sub, say INFS I had as my 4th pref as "time 1"...not sure if that is safe though...I just made sure that the first 3 preferences didn't overlap.

is that ok? or should I not have any overlaps at all?
thanks!

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
Yeah i was wondering about that too, but for bad times

Is it enough to put down a particular bad time once, or do you have to do it for each course?

They should have an overalll bad/good times list, rather than separate ones for each course..

sunny

meh.
HSC
Kazuya said:
They should have an overalll bad/good times list, rather than separate ones for each course..
You have to remember, the times for the courses are already determined and fixed. The students are the ones that a being nudged to suit the course times, not the other way around.

pyko

psychopyko.com
HSC
just thought of something - if the TAS thing is only for session 1, does that mean we shouldn't add our session 2 subjects?

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
So its not possible to get a preference time for two subs at the same time ?
i.e, a (permitted?) clash ?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
pyko said:
just thought of something - if the TAS thing is only for session 1, does that mean we shouldn't add our session 2 subjects?
you do that in the mid year break.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)