Tax file number. (1 Viewer)

Sadiah

HSC
I'm in the same boat, kind off, I sent my TFN application off two weeks ago, haven't heard anything yet, I'm beginning to get a tad worried, as once all my UNE info arrives I need to enrol which requires a TFN, the application says it can take up to four weeks to get here....
UNE?

You've enrolled for the University of New England?

AvalonPrincess7

Lost in Chemistry Fog
HSC
I've accepted my offer for the University of New England, nothing more I can do till I get all the info in the mail as you need your student number for the rest, it's the enrolling bit I'm not sure about... Just hoping the TFN arrives soon, you never know I might be lucky.

Sadiah

HSC
I've accepted my offer for the University of New England, nothing more I can do till I get all the info in the mail as you need your student number for the rest, it's the enrolling bit I'm not sure about... Just hoping the TFN arrives soon, you never know I might be lucky.
I've got an offer too, and I've enrolled into my units as well..You doing distance education though?

FugitiveGirl

HSC
If you've applied for your TFN a few weeks ago then don't wait for it to arrive in the mail. Just call them and ask for it :p A friend of mine received hers this way when she really needed her TFN to avoid the horrible witholding tax ;-;

AvalonPrincess7

Lost in Chemistry Fog
HSC
Sadiah how did you enrol? no I'm not doing distance ed I'll be studying on campus. Everything I've read though says you need to wait for the letter, all I've gotten was the UAC letter, that lets you accept your offer via mail. Have to say this enrolling thing is stressing me out, I live very rurally though and have so far only had one mail delivery since the offers went out (we only get mail Mon, Wed and Fri) so hopefully it should be there Monday, I'm still waiting on my accommodation offer as well. So were you able to enrol immediately after getting your offer online? or did you get a UNE letter as well?

I was under the impression you couldn't get your TFN over the phone as you had to prove your identity?

FugitiveGirl

HSC
I'm going to USyd and I have to enrol on Monday, but I lost my TFN and can't call the taxation office until Monday O_O Is there anything I can do or do I have to just wait until Monday and call the ATO before I go?
I'd say just call ATO on Monday :)

Sadiah

HSC
Sadiah how did you enrol? no I'm not doing distance ed I'll be studying on campus. Everything I've read though says you need to wait for the letter, all I've gotten was the UAC letter, that lets you accept your offer via mail. Have to say this enrolling thing is stressing me out, I live very rurally though and have so far only had one mail delivery since the offers went out (we only get mail Mon, Wed and Fri) so hopefully it should be there Monday, I'm still waiting on my accommodation offer as well. So were you able to enrol immediately after getting your offer online? or did you get a UNE letter as well?

I was under the impression you couldn't get your TFN over the phone as you had to prove your identity?
For UNE, and I suppose all unviersities, there's a difference if you want to study off campus or on campus. I'm doing distance education with UNE and hence I applied directly to the university, which meant no UAC was involved. It's only you and the university, similarly, when enrolling, I enrolled online and I've been given my student number and my timetable for 2010. I've also chosen the units and have been enrolled in them. As for the tax file number dilemma, I applied for one and notified the UNE and they said I'll recieve it before the census date so I don't have to worry. However, if I do not recieve it on or before the census date then I must submit a confirmation of my application for a TFN signed by the ATO. I'm paying full upfront payment anyway, but I still have to provide my TFN as soon as I recieve it. I should be getting it by next week anyway.

EDIT: Don't be stressed out. UNE is a very flexible institution and just go to AskUNE if you have any questions and they get back to you instantly on working hours.

What are you studying by the way?

fuzzy09

HSC
True, but is there anyone out there who's completing their timetable whilst waiting for their tax file number?

I want to see how many people risk it.
Yepp im going to have to enrol/do my timetable without my TFN as well. As long as i complete my government assistance form by the census date which is 31st march for me, its all good. I will call up UTS tomorrow just to make sure but i rekon it will be alright. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)