Tax return question (1 Viewer)

Janine

HSC
N/A
Hi,

I earned about $12500 last financial year. Would anyone be able to give me an indication of how much tax I should get back? (my group certificate says I paid about $850). Someone told me I will get none of it back, really, really hoping this isn't true!!

Thanks,

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
If you earn more than $6,000 - the amount you get back depends on your deductions.

Deductions may include any expenses you incurred in earning your income. Note that this amount excludes travel from home to work and back, because this is a living expense and not a working expense.

If you work in the sun for example, and had to buy sun glasses, then yeah such an expense is deductible. If the sun glasses say cost $100, you should be able to get back $15.00 tax back, that is because $100 is a deduction on your taxable income.

These deductions include amount spent on uniform. E.g. you work at a retail store and had to specifically buy black pants and white top. Make sure if you have the receipts/tax invoices!

If you had no record of such expenses, what you can do is put an expenses amount of LESS than $300 as deductions. This is because, with an amount less than $300 you do not need receipts/tax invoices as evidence.

Hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)