Tax Return Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
And I have a hefty amount in my hefty account, but I am so reluctant to buy that long awaited laptop now :(. My account looks too pretty, with its four digit looks.
I am exactly the same, and when I receive my tax return ($307 tax withheld), I should be able to finish paying for my laptop. Then, my account can return to its four digit glory.

fnkychk

HSC
N/A
I put my tax return through on e-tax last Tuesday morning, and the money was in my account around midday on that Friday. $1200

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
I'm still waiting for my group certificate/payment summary or whatever they're calling it now. How long do we have to lodge our tax return?

geetarjoe

HSC
N/A
kate_is_me said:
I'm still waiting for my group certificate/payment summary or whatever they're calling it now. How long do we have to lodge our tax return?
You have until 6pm on the 27th of July (EST), which is only a couple of days away. If you don't have it in by then, you incur a penalty of $300 (usually just taken off your tax return or deferred until next year). If you leave it another week, your return gets canceled completely, but you still owe the ATO the penalty sum.

roadcone

HSC
geetarjoe said:
You have until 6pm on the 27th of July (EST), which is only a couple of days away. If you don't have it in by then, you incur a penalty of $300 (usually just taken off your tax return or deferred until next year). If you leave it another week, your return gets canceled completely, but you still owe the ATO the penalty sum.
what?

you have until 31 October to lodge without incurring any GIC if you have a payable. If you're in a refundable position take as long as you want, the ATO doesn't really care about you.

geetarjoe

HSC
N/A
roadcone said:
what?

you have until 31 October to lodge without incurring any GIC if you have a payable. If you're in a refundable position take as long as you want, the ATO doesn't really care about you.
Well done for spoiling all the fun.

Do you take no joy out of knowing that some kid (who would rather post here than check the ATO website) is freaking out because they think their tax needs to be done by Friday?

lala2

Banned
HSC
Very impressed indeed with the efficiency--the money was lodged just this Tuesday (3 days ago), which is within their specified period of 10 working days or whatever it was. Now my bank account is just over in four digit land. Woopee! :D

rozymisty

HSC
You have until October 31st to lodge your tax return. I think the 31st July thing was asking for your group certificate, although in my experience the employers dont send it out till mid July anywy.

I did mine online again this year and got back $1160.35 wooo!~!! I would love to use it to go on a holiday to Sydney to see Don's Party, but Im getting my wisdom teeth out under a general on Aug 27th, so thats rather exy, so the tax return is paying for that.

I think next year when I work full time and have lots of deductions and salary sacrifice, I will use a tax agent. Especially whe its all so confusing then.

For my first return i had to pay money back, last year I got about $500 back which went for Melbourne trip, and then this year I got heaps.

If you have to pay back tax, you have until like the following year sometime I think to pay it back, or it might be October...cant remember.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)