Teacher bias (1 Viewer)

ajmason87

HSC
In the assessments i had this year (short answer and essays) i had 4 parts marked by my teacher and 4 by the teacher of the other class in the parts marked by my teacher i got a 88% average and ranked first, but in the other i got an average of 65% and ranked about 10th. I'm not saying i should have come first, but if this is widespread the rollercoaster of marks must stop. Oh and with the so called annoymous "student numbers" which are only used in midyear and trial exams, are in no way an infallible system, after all they are posted al over the damn school. Also, there is "no avenue for appeal" on such an issue.

7th Sign

HSC
u wann ahve a bitch lol for 10% assesment a teacher thought it would be fun to have class marking in a hsc assesment!!!!!!!

ajmason87

HSC
7th Sign said:
u wann ahve a bitch lol for 10% assesment a teacher thought it would be fun to have class marking in a hsc assesment!!!!!!!
woh so hang on how exactly did this happen? did the class's average end up the students mark, cause if it did, well thats just ridiculous and should have in no way been an official assessment after all, stupid as it is, this sort of crap determines ppls UAIs and places mr popular over everyone else

freaked

HSC
I've been affected by teachers favouratism, but this is something that I've seen all through my life, and its going to happen in a lot of situations. There isn't anything you can do about it

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
um. my english teacher who takes year 11 extenstion. some guy put the guy whos coming #1's name down on the paper. and he got full marks. i can never get over 60% in english myself. and yet he says im apparently one of the 'good' people in the class

at my old school in year 10. on the trial i only got 54% in history and the highest was ony in the 60's. in the sc i got 88%. coincidence?

both schools ive found favourtism.

jynxe

HSC
playboy2njoy said:
If someone saw your student number on your desk, they could essentially copy it onto their papers, copy your name, and hand it up as your work.
Aside from the small problem of having no paper submitted under their own number.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
I suck up too all my teachers....it worked to my advantage, especially for all 4 units of english and economics.

bridgett

betty's bitch
HSC
i made my teacher cry wen i accused her of having favourites, she then told the class she doesnt hav any, but she realises 'bob' gets away with alot (bob's her favourite) u can imagine a teacher sayin that to a year 12 class!! she copped it !!! ... most teachers hav them tho

Rickdog

grand member
HSC
they look at yo class average and compare your mark to it so it wont matter if the teacher marked easy if you are above the average

adambra

HSC
The HSC system inadequately deals with bias and incompetence, which are most prevalent among the morons given a licence to teach.

al_x

short*
HSC
Our english teacher has like pre-determined ranks. I always come 11th or 12th. Its so stupid! He handed out the essay of the girl who is coming first and my dad read her essay coz it was on the desk and he thought it was my essay! hes like 'honestly, u and her both write almost the same'
its so stupid! its frustrating that it doesnt matter how much work u put in, u still get the same mark

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
we got our trials back, with accidently left on sticky notes

better than 'name1'

on another essay

not usual for 'name2'

and

this is crap 'name3'

that sort of thing - our teacher ended up crying too - damn i missed it though - they can't deny having favs
also in the marking centre, it is known for teachers to fight for certain centre numbers

darkroomgirl

HSC
Ask anyone... I'm APPARENTLY a teachers' favourite... but that's prolly cos I'm just used to talking to them... and they're really, really cool. I was lucky to get really good teachers.

rcandelori

ajmason87 said:
Yeah it isnt, but??????????????
But what? I'm sick of people whinging about the reasons for their failures, trying to find scapegoats in others because they've failed to do the work themselves. It is about bloody time that people start taking responsibility for themselves, not blaming teacher's favouratism or biasness or some such. Really, in all honesty, it's an infantile excuse. You get the mark you deserve.

ajmason87

HSC
rcandelori said:
You get the mark you deserve.
Thats a bit stupid, so u believe that the HSC, which includes a series of contaminated assessments, adequatly ranks 60000 individuals who choose different subjects, go to different schools and have different teachers?

I for one, am sure that i will lose to someone less capable than myself, and beat someone who is more capable than i am.

Btw it happened all throughout yr 11

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)