Teacher trouble (1 Viewer)

Hoggy70

HSC
Does anyone else have any trouble with their teacher? As in not teaching anything and watching movies every lesson to disadvantage people like myself going for a fairly high atar?

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Despite the precariousness of the situation, you have to learn to work with it. I went to school and saw people I didn't want to see. You're going to go to work and work with people you don't want to be with. That's life.

Focus on yourself. Study. Get rank one and isolate yourself from the cohort - of course, which will require you to attain the highest external mark to remain uninfluenced by a cohort perceivably demotivated by their very own teacher.

ZonedOut

Bing bang diggiriggidong
HSC
This is the exact situation I'm in OP, except my teacher isn't lazy.. It's just that the rest of my class is so slow and demotivated that we don't get through much. Spirituals reply really resonated with me - It's going to be hard but for Year 12 for my IPT class, I'm going to have to work on my own and keep myself deep in the courses pace.

Probably going to have to get tutoring or buy other textbooks. OP I suggest you do the same since we seem to be in the same situation, just for different subjects.

Hoggy70

HSC
Is a little late for that. I realize i should have sought help earlier in the course but the HSC is now only 15 days away for Engineering Studies...

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
If your teacher is seriously not doing their job to their best of their ability you should consult the school principal and explain the situation, hopefully you will get a replacement. If not, invest in a private tutor

ZonedOut

Bing bang diggiriggidong
HSC
If your teacher is seriously not doing their job to their best of their ability you should consult the school principal and explain the situation, hopefully you will get a replacement. If not, invest in a private tutor
Seems to be the most obvious and straightforward answer however the principal isn't going to listen to you most likely.

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
No It happened at my school, our English teacher wasn't teaching anything properly and didn't relate any work to the HSC, so around 4 or 5 students went but the principal was like meh, stfu, but then we got our parents involved and the teacher got put to teach year 8. :p

unforlornedhope

HSC
N/A
This.
Bad teacher= you have to go tutoring in order to be in the right track

CM07

HSC
This happened to me and I just dropped the subject entirely. It was a pity since I enjoyed the preliminary course when I had another teacher...

Hoggy70

HSC
Youtube videos seem to be helping me through the hardest parts of the course so far. Would have been so much easier if he actually taught us though

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
all of my science is taught by vsauce

nick487

HSC
anyone have links to solutions for past HSC not on the board of studies or past CSSA's?

muffintoast

HSC
Uni Grad
This happened to our 2unit math class this year. Our teacher just sat there and told us to finish the exercises. That's all she did. Whenever we asked her for help for a question, she would say, "It's your HSC, not mine", actual quote. She didn't even help us ONE SINGLE BIT. Out class was really motivated too and we wanted a better teacher so two people from our class wrote a letter to the principle, and the entire class signed it, it was like a petition. We took it to the head teacher and she said it's alright for us to give it to the principle, so we did and our principle did NOTHING. :(

Try talking to the principle but I doubt it would work. Just get a tutor instead

unforlornedhope

HSC
N/A
This happened to our 2unit math class this year. Our teacher just sat there and told us to finish the exercises. That's all she did. Whenever we asked her for help for a question, she would say, "It's your HSC, not mine", actual quote. She didn't even help us ONE SINGLE BIT. Out class was really motivated too and we wanted a better teacher so two people from our class wrote a letter to the principle, and the entire class signed it, it was like a petition. We took it to the head teacher and she said it's alright for us to give it to the principle, so we did and our principle did NOTHING. :(

Try talking to the principle but I doubt it would work. Just get a tutor instead
This sucks ....that teacher should be sacked. What kind of teacher is this...

spresto

HSC
No you don't have to just "learn to deal with it" as some people have suggested. That is Ludicrous.
I have the same issue with one of my teachers and what you do it.... self teach. Before every lesson I was 2 dot points (the topics within the topic) ahead of everyone else, so that way I never felt behind, and also then you could go and ask the teacher about those questions directly. MY teacher i don't think was even qualified as she could not answer any of my questions. We had to classes for this subject (not running at the same time) and luckily I had some study periods at the same time the other class was running (their teacher was amazing) so I went and sat in the back.

Another thing, go to HSC lectures and learn that way.

If all else fails get a tutor in that subject.... Feel free to message me if you need a tutor as I am offering on a few subjects :)
x

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)