Teachers and their reactioons to HSC/UAI (1 Viewer)

ViRtUaL

1/cosC GSXR1000
HSC
we had a uai bbq/brunch. teachers and principals were stoked with sydney boys' results - not only did we come 3rd by SMH, which is the highest we've been for like 6 years, we also got a 100 and 4 ppl with 99.95.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Trebla said:
Yeh, I'm from Sefton....unfortunately. I think Bianca and Serena got 99s seeing how they're all rounders. I'm pissed off knowing that I could have been an all rounder and could have got 99 with a little bit extra seeing as I got 88s and 89s grrrrr....
Why do you hate your school so much?

Trebla said:
I'm glad we never had a BBQ or anything like that because most of us are quite unhappy with our results. I was also glad that presentation day was not on the same day the HSC results were released because they were shocking, especially for chemistry (1 x band 6 this year compared to 17 last year WTF!!!!!!!!). Last year's Year 12s beat us in virtually every subject in the number of band 6s/E4s except for English and English Extension 2 where they were up a bit this year. The only state ranking we have was a girl who got 19th in Business Studies compared to last year where there were about 5 people hogging the state top 20 in Mathematics, one person got 2nd in the state for History Extension and 6th for Mathematics Extension 2, one person got 10th in Biology as well as other people topping the state in Mathematics 2 unit, (and externally through Khmer Continuers and Accounting)....:(
Sure, the principal and teachers will try to make a positive out of our shocking results but deep inside I know they're probably a bit disappointed.
You are much too competitive. If i remember from elsewhere you scored around a 98-99 uai which is quite tops i think :) It doesn't really matter if the school is disappointed, if you scored well enough to do your uni course (because that's what the uai is for, not too brag on the intranetz) then you should be happy to say the least.

You're also very disparaging towards your own grade even if that was not your original intention. You're analysing your school's results across different years too deeply that i'd be worried frankly if i were you. Statistics don't mean crap, sure it's good to have school pride so you can say so-and-so school beat out joe blow high but when you get that cut over it, you should try to appreciate how you've done all you could (hopefully) to help promote your school's success.

Oh and how did your school fare in history extension this year then? :D Even though my one canes the rest of the state in basically everything i look at my own results and see how i fared in terms of what i've put in, rather than shove the grade's awesome statistics which others have contributed to in the face of others. And i definitely wouldn't say "oh yeah sefton is pretty sh*t at life compared to its leetness at sucking cock".

p.s. to sammy, kim, crazy russian girl and other coolcats from sefton you guys rock :wave:

Last edited:

Chris.

HSC
I come from a school that doesnt do well..and this year i reckon they would be celebrating!
I think we've been the best year in years. 11 people got over 90+ UAI and our top was 97 point something...
yeh i know we are still shit compared to every1 else. I got 90.2 :D

haque

HSC
Chris. said:
I come from a school that doesnt do well..and this year i reckon they would be celebrating!
I think we've been the best year in years. 11 people got over 90+ UAI and our top was 97 point something...
yeh i know we are still shit compared to every1 else. I got 90.2 :D
Good on ya man and well done to ur school

BlackDragon

HSC
we handed in a slip to our school (if we wanted to, but the school excepted us to really), with our student number and pin on it so they could get our UAI and use it for statistical purposes. to be honest i haven't been back to school since the 25th of november - the day i officially signed out. so i have no idea what my teachers thought. pretty good i spose.

gamecw

HSC
highest is me in my school!

my teachers were all pretty surprised

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
bobness said:
Why do you hate your school so much?
To save the time of listing the countless reasons, the main ones include crap teacher quality (including sexist, selfish and arrogant teachers), bad personal experiences, lack of privileges and acknowledgements, extremely harsh enforcements of rules (e.g. if you don't do your homework once, you get a letter sent home basically threatening your parents that you'll fail at life if you keep it up), lack of expressive freedom (e.g. we weren't allowed to have our names [even our actual names] on our jerseys...how crap was that?!), cheap ass school facilities (people who attend there will know what I mean) and of course crap results for a selective school. These are also many of the reasons a lot of people (and maybe even our finest teachers) left the school beforehand, not just to higher selective schools, but also to lower ranked public non-selective schools. Also, most of my peers do share a level of hatred of the school, so I'm not the only one.
bobness said:
It doesn't really matter if the school is disappointed, if you scored well enough to do your uni course (because that's what the uai is for, not too brag on the intranetz) then you should be happy to say the least.
Actually I kinda opted for a course with a cut-off of 98.8 and before the results were released I thought this would be easily accessible since I got an estimate of 99. So basically I aimed quite high and worked pretty damn hard for it. As soon as the results were released I was disappointed as I fell short of my minimum expectations by a small margin and this pissed me off a lot....In fact most people I asked were disappointed with their results and quite a number have to rely on EAS to get into the course of their choice.

powcy

HSC
Well, we have one coming up in February... teachers thought it'd be amusing to find out about our uni offers along the way, too. Though I have a feeling that there'll be a few absentees... I know quite a few people who are disappointed and probably can't get into uni with their UAIs.
As for me, all good, all good! :D

Chris.

HSC
As i posted b4..all my teachers are heaps happy. But i never got the chance to tell me maths teacher i did my best because she passed away. I think she wouldve been real proud

Beetle

HSC
aww im sorry chris, im sure she was a great teacher as well as friend ! No matter what you get im sure your maths teacher will be proud!

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
I will be oversea when our school holds its "Afternoon Tea". I might just write a thank you letter to my teachers. Don't know what their reactions would be because I don't know what they were expecting from me LOL.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
my teachers would be pretty estatic except for chemistry where highest mark was only band 5

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
omg, i got a letter yesterday from the "relieving principal" (our real one is away for some reason) congratulating me on the band sixes i got. i didnt know our school did that for us lol. it's such a nice letter too. :)

Loz_metalhead

HSC
I got a christmas card yesterday with an invitation to go to the school's opening mass where they will give awards to people who got 90+ in one or more subjects

HSC
Yea all our teachers were so proud of our cohort, we're like the best group that has gone through in recent yrs, esp with our school ranking too!!

We got a morning tea held for us on the day the UAI's were released and i think theyll call a few of us to come in next yr to talk to the upcoming yr 12's...

sladehk

le random
HSC
all the teachers were like.. meh*

Riona

Pfeffernuesse?
HSC
Our teachers haven't contacted us post HSC at all.

They were probably really disappointed and calling us the underacheiving grade (like they have all 2006 and 2005) though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)