Teachers - can they ace the HSC? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Should teachers who teach their subjects get full marks in the external HSCs?

Just wondering

enoilgam

HSC
Should teachers who teach their subjects get full marks in the external HSCs?

Just wondering
Depends on the subject. In sciences and especially maths subjects, I'd imagine that quite a few could get full marks (these are raw marks I'm referring to). However, in humanities subjects, most probably wouldnt as it is very difficult to get full marks in essays.

rayz93

HSC
Depends on the teacher and the qaulity of their teaching and knowledge. Maybe in maths its possible to get full marks, other subjects theyre bound to make some mistakes. E.g - Modern history, where there are always discrepancies with marking even if your essay seems top job material. So, mainly in those subjective-based subjects they wouldn't really get full marks. Just my take on it.

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I don't think you could -expect- them to, however, many would. Especially Maths, Phys and Chem.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think you could -expect- them to, however, many would. Especially Maths, Phys and Chem.
You certainly have the right to expect a quality teaching ability of your teacher, but whether they could get full (raw) marks on the exam is different. Especially, as those before me have said, humanities subjects are often subjected to discrepancies in writing styles and they way things are structured. I do however, hope, that every teacher could get 90% raw on their respective subject's exam; if they were to study, even higher.

tambam

HSC
Even for Maths?
Why not?
Even the best maths students will make careless mistakes, so why would a teacher be expected to make absolutely none?
My teacher set our trial and said he made around as many careless mistakes as i did when he was doing his own paper.

thoth1

Banned
HSC
Why not?
Even the best maths students will make careless mistakes, so why would a teacher be expected to make absolutely none?
My teacher set our trial and said he made around as many careless mistakes as i did when he was doing his own paper.
state rankers in 3U dont make any mistakes

tambam

HSC
yeh im pretty sure. i mean taeyang (a bos user) got 84 for CSSA, so why shoudnt there be ppl in state who get full marks for HSC.
CSSA ext 1 was pretty easy, much easier than a lot of hsc papers i've done...
And yeah, there are exceptional maths freaks who get full marks, but as a teacher you're not expected to perform well in exams, your purpose is to know the concepts and teach them well.

anexasaved

HSC
Depends on the teacher and the qaulity of their teaching and knowledge. Maybe in maths its possible to get full marks, other subjects theyre bound to make some mistakes. E.g - Modern history, where there are always disrepancies with marking even if your essay seems top job material. So, mainly in those subjective-based subjects they wouldn't really get full marks. Just my take on it.
Im extremely confident in my Ancient History teacher's ability to get full marks in ANY exam she did -- she's got exam/essay technique and historical knowledge so down packed its amazing! haha

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
CSSA ext 1 was pretty easy, much easier than a lot of hsc papers i've done...
And yeah, there are exceptional maths freaks who get full marks, but as a teacher you're not expected to perform well in exams, your purpose is to know the concepts and teach them well.
This.

anne1010

HSC
two maths teachers. one i believe would get 100% no doubt - shit teacher. the other i wouldn't be surprised if he got very close but didnt get full marks - awesome teacher.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)