teachers helping u with ur pip (1 Viewer)

pig_93

HSC
just wondering who out there gets help from their teachers for their PIP cos the thing it, im pretty much sure everyone in the state gets their teacher to write at least SOME and my teacher isnt doing any.
i mean, im an OK student but i feel like im gonna get disadvantaged cos i dont have her expertise (even a bit) in my PIP.

please tell me the truth i just want to know to what extent ur getting help so i can benchmark for my own SANITY, please

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
My teacher didn't wrote any parts of my PIP.

hYperTrOphY

HSC
At my school, the amount of help you get is relative to the student in that it depends if you are showing your teacher your work or not. Our teacher does not set dates (exclusing assessment dates) for our PIPs to be marked or edited.

However, if you wish to show your work to the teacher (which most students do) the teacher will examine what you have written, make editorial changes and recommend things you may wish to alter.

I have shown my teacher each of my chapters, and have been lucky in that he has changed almost nothing.

On the other hand, I have seen some people's work which has had his writing all over it!

If your teacher doesn't want to provide any extra assistance, I would assume it is due to laziness, not because they think it is unethical.

Last edited:

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
My teacher doesnt help because she doesnt know what to do- shes unexperienced and when she marks our drafts, you would be lucky if there was more than 4 pen marks on it. Its ridiculous. Im sure teachers from other schools arent gonna write slabs of work for their students because- i dnt think they're gonna be bothered writing bits and pieces for everyone in the class- unless they have like less than 5 students which i doubt. The only thing i think you're gonna be disadvataged in is the editing part, go to an english teacher and get her to look over the pip for you i guess, thats what im doin. And if you're S&C teacher doesnt help you, MAKE her help you- shes a teacher and thats her job. :eek:

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I suggest that even if your Society and Culture teacher isn't a good help, ask him/her nicely to at least read your work. Even if no content editing, there might be some grammatical error the teach may be able to pick up on.

Ask your parents/sibling, or a teacher who is close to you to read it as well. Ask them which part doesn't make sense, which part require additional explanation. Is your PIP coherent etc.

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
my teacher (the best teacher) takes our chapters goes thru them and make suggestions for what we need to do, fixes gramatical errors, and helps with finding 2ndry research if we have trouble (a HUGE help for me).

she is a great help and source of encouragement. having her has been the saviour of my PIP and my sanity.
GO WHITEY!!

steffo

steph
HSC
My teacher hasn't actually written ANY of mine of anyone else's in my class at all. that's sort of cheating if they actually write your PIP.
my teacher has however guided us through the whole process.
it did depend on who was willing to get going in our class (as in who chose their topic early, did background research, got their emthodologies done when they needed to be), but she was really supportive of everyone. she has given us her home number and email address to contact over the holidays as well.
something that was annoying but really helped was us getting assessment tasks along the way that had to do with our PIP. we had to do a mini PIP, with one methodology, the intro, log book, and a explanation of our x-cultural study in it. it was a heaps good boost for our PIPs. she also made an ass task about our chapter headings- we had to have our chapter headings ready and stick in ever bit of info we had in point form. we didnt need to write our PIP, or even have every piece of info (unless we'd completed all our methodologies), but it has given me a skeleton for my whole PIP and now all i have to do these holidays is fill in the gaps with actualy writing and quantify my data into pretty tables.
my teachers has been frickin awesome over the past year with the PIP and it has defiantely given us all a big advantage. the only downside was having to do a squillion assessment tasks becuase she added more so they had to do with our PIP. but it has overall been heaps beneficial.

Kulazzi

HSC
My teacher helps us as well. She used to part of the Soc and Cult Association Magazine thingy but not anymore. I send parts of my PIP to her through email just to get her to check it and see if I'm on the right path.

Also, if you already haven't done so, you could also get the marking guidelines of the PIP and place it beside you as you write/type your pip. You can get it here.
I do that and it just reminds me if I'm going in the right direction without the teacher's help. Just print off the first row of actual guideline i.e. the 25 - 30 mark range, instead of the whole thing, so you can stick to what is being expected to get a mark in that area.

rajeev

HSC
favouritism is extreme in my class i think that theres probably a few that go and see teacher on like the weekend or like after school or something dodgy and get them to write parts, my teacher to me has never written out parts of my pip, just given me suggessions and told me if things are very wrong..

and while she is helping shes like u better appreicate me helping im so freakin amazing im like 100 and half retired and never come to class but got you must love me! oh and by the way i decided to go on holidays so ill see you in a month! after trials.. argh that woman!

pirotess4

HSC
N/A
My teacher is FABULOUS!! She changes my language to make it more societie and sits down with me to work out how to word something when i understand it but can't write it down. I've been emailing her things during the holidays and she's written comments all over it helping me to change things to the way they should be like gramatical errors and structure etc. She's great but she DOES NOT write the PIP for me, she has only helped me to word conflict theory stuff when i've sent her what i want to write in mediocre non-society language.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
My teacher is great but I gave him my whole pip completed, and all he could say was fix your freaking footnotes!! wtf? oh and run and spell check

shsk

my teachers .... either knows not or is not willing to share his insights...gah

but why....

FIRENDS FOREVER!!
the red things connected to the blue thing, the bl
HSC
my teacher is sooooooooooooooooo good, shes a judge for the pip, she partictly lives and breathes the stuff, we have a pip week every 3-4 weeks were we bring in what we have and she helps us work on it. shes the best, so sorry man but bad luck aye.

Jessica_00

HSC
N/A
but why.... said:
my teacher is sooooooooooooooooo good, shes a judge for the pip, she partictly lives and breathes the stuff, we have a pip week every 3-4 weeks were we bring in what we have and she helps us work on it. shes the best, so sorry man but bad luck aye.
MY teacher is OVER THE TOP with 'cultural and social literacy' in the sense that she doesnt offer much help with the PIP except give handouts, papers and guidlines. She says that it would give me an advantage over other students if I get her to help me write it....:confused: I'm so jealous of James Ruse High!! Waaa :rofl:

Jess

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)