Teachers' reactions to your results?? (1 Viewer)

darkroomgirl

HSC
I went to school today, and all of my teachers were so happy for me... my English teacher even gave me a hug!!! According to this other teacher, he's been "pissing himself happy" cos I got Band 6's in all of his subjects (I have 4 units with him)... hehe.

One of our librarians gave me a kiss on the cheek... bit creepy but she's old and cute, so it's okay I guess.

What were your teachers' reactions to your marks?

cataleptic

HSC
I haven't been up to see my teachers yet.

i feel so bad, because they were all so god damn good to me.

7th Sign

HSC
I went to my school a few weeks ago to sign out I am not goign back to that place...

I know a few teachers eg IPT and IT will be happy...

but stuff the rest...

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
I called my Society teacher and she had a psycho over the phone

I haven't spoken to any others though

elisabeth

HSC
Yeah, all my teachers and a bunch of other people were really happy for me, some gave me hugs and shook my hand and stuff. My principal was elated because our year group got some of the best results we've ever had and I got one of the highest UAIs our dux has ever had.

Most of the them reacted disappointed when I told them what I wanted to do - BA/BEd at UNSW and be a language teacher. I got so many 'you could be anything!' and 'what are you doing that for?' comments and looks. But then they were quick to add that it's about what you'd enjoy doing. Besides, I'm going overseas for a year so I'll have another year to think about what I want to do. At the end of the day, I take it as a compliment, I'm not really bothered about what they think.

Danoz The Great

HSC
Teachers who hadn't even taught me before were really happy for me.

The teacher who was the happiest for me was by far my legal teacher, apparently (she ran into my dad in town on Saturday) she was screaming and jumping in the air! Probably more excited for me...that's Gabs for ya :)

Last edited:

ViRtUaL

1/cosC GSXR1000
HSC
yeah teachers were really happy, especially about my maths and geo marks.
but...there was an element of disappointment around the school - our school misses out on the elusive 100 uai 4 years in a row, even though everyone had high hopes for class of 05. every year we get 2 or 3 on 99.95 but never that bloody 100.

cataleptic

HSC
Haha, my biology teacher just called me, she's so proud of me and is so excited. Yay.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i havent spoken to any of my teachers. I even avoided going to presentation night last night so i wouldnt have to face my english and maths teachers. They would be so disappointed at my marks. I got my friend to collect my book prize.

SweetSeasons

HSC
haha my maths teacher last year biggest wank.. he goes so what did you get and I said 78 and he goes no in maths and i said 78 and he's like "oh better then you where expecting" and i'm like no it's exactly what I was expecting and walked off

chamelia

HSC
My maths teachers really sweet. She came to my house the day the results came out with a chrissy card and a nice letter and gave me a hug and congrats. I caught up with her again yesterday and she was happy when I told her my UAI too.

Ive also had my year advisor call me up yesterday just to congratulate me and ask what I planned to do. I give the teachers a lot of credit for being so supportive.

lala2

Banned
HSC
I've hidden at home since...well, since Speech Night actually at the beg of Dec. I'm not ashamed of my UAI or results because they were almost, with a few exceptions, better than what I expected, and my UAI turned out to be what I expected, minus 0.05. But there's been no reason for me to go to school ebcause they said we should only go if we haev queries with our UAIs, and I don't....but I'm sure my teachers would be proud of me if they did ever find our my HSC results because I jumped 10 marks for most of them, from raw to final.

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
Hm, forgot to see them... maybe tomorrow since hardly any students turn up anyway XD

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm... my teachers were cool with my marks- my English teacher hinted she expected me to get Band6 (and I got 89)... my IPT teacher hugged me for my state ranking... and that's about it I think.

darkroomgirl

HSC
Today one of my fave teachers took me and my boyfriend out for lunch. Bit strange, but it was real fun nonetheless. He kept bitching about other teachers. Hahaha.

xox_eMz_xox

HSC
I got a few hugs and omg i am so prouds :) I they were more just because they like me not beause of my marks which werent anything to be happy about

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)