• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Teachers (1 Viewer)

boris

Banned
HSC
Re: Has Your Maths Teacher ever walked out on you ?

To be honest mang, I had some epically shit teachers in my time. Teachers who, despite having a degree, were as dumb as dog shit.
I also went to school with some right royal arseholes who, if I were a teacher, would probably have killed and buried behind the Ag plot.

I also had some of the most brilliant teachers. So you know, it's like anything anywhere. You'll have some wins, you'll have some loses. If your whole aim in life is to make teachers pissed off, then when you enter the real world you'll be sorely disappointed.
And by sorely disappointed I mean unemployed

SpinCobra

HSC
Uni Grad

aMUSEd1977 said:
1. To teach, you must have a qualification.
2. People respond to bullshit in different ways. When angry, some will fire off and yell, others will responds with sarcasm and others again will supress the anger. The latter two are more prone to explosive bouts of anger at later dates because of the supression, and trust me - it gets really ugly.
3. Some people have self esteem issues. And when people say the sorts of shit in real life that they are saying on here, of course you are going to take it as a personal attack.
4. Not everyone is going to be able to pick up ideas in the same way the teacher is communicating them. If you are struggling, get help from a 3rd party. It's not a difficult concept to grasp.
What if 2 out of 3 lessons the teacher doesnt teach, but puts on a video to watch? Like an extremely old and possibly outdated video which we learn nothing from.

boris

Banned
HSC

SpinCobra said:
What if 2 out of 3 lessons the teacher doesnt teach, but puts on a video to watch? Like an extremely old and possibly outdated video which we learn nothing from.
Some teachers are lazy and dumb.
I had a science teacher who made us copy paragraphs out of a 15 year old encyclopedia for whole lessons.

It's shit. it's life. Deal with it. I've had bosses who were far worse than that.

misbahf

You eat bugs.
HSC

aMUSEd1977 said:
1. To teach, you must have a qualification.
2. People respond to bullshit in different ways. When angry, some will fire off and yell, others will responds with sarcasm and others again will supress the anger. The latter two are more prone to explosive bouts of anger at later dates because of the supression, and trust me - it gets really ugly.
3. Some people have self esteem issues. And when people say the sorts of shit in real life that they are saying on here, of course you are going to take it as a personal attack.
4. Not everyone is going to be able to pick up ideas in the same way the teacher is communicating them. If you are struggling, get help from a 3rd party. It's not a difficult concept to grasp.
Fair enough. I agree with what your saying to some extent but i don't think you understand the point I am trying to get across.

I'm sure you have had some sort of 'bad' teacher at some time. We are just sharing those stories.

I understand what you mean when you say this might upset a teacher that may read this but honestly if anything it should validate them as nearly all of them are great people.

misbahf

You eat bugs.
HSC
SpinCobra said:
Yep. The teachers for the rest of my subjects rape.
Ummmm..... i really hope that's a typo. :jaw:

SpinCobra

HSC
Uni Grad
Okay. I think its a gamers term? Like gg? Or maybe some people dont use that term.

misbahf

You eat bugs.
HSC

aMUSEd1977 said:
There is a line between saying someone use methods that don't appeal to your learning (visual, auditory etc), and stating someone is purely a bad teacher. And it's a fairly big line.
Note that 'bad' was written in quotations when I wrote that comment.

misbahf said:
I'm sure you have had some sort of 'bad' teacher at some time.

jahuli

Detective Chief Inspector
HSC

aMUSEd1977 said:
"Bad" still implies BAD.

Indeed.

</PRE>

Roguedeth

HSC
nope but then again my class wasn't full of useless fucks like you that can't pay attention.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
my economics teacher threatened me with a n award because i didn't take notes during class and i didn't do homework. shes so stupid, she spent 4 weeks explaining the production possibility curve. so now we're completley behind schedule, and she can't teach without her tim riley book.

justmeme

HSC
N/A
ok, im just tuning in, havnt read any of the replys, but bitching about teachers.. thats pretty low. even if they are bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)