teaching at ND Syd (1 Viewer)

brookelyn-j

HSC
hey all

was just wondering what the teaching degree at ND is like... im really interested teaching there...i love that its a catholic environment, and that you come out being able to teach RE as well as your elective subjects... just checking out my options, and any help anyone can give me would be tops

much love
brookelyn

HSC
As well as being able to teach RE, you generally get more prac experience than other universities. However, depending on what level you are teaching at, this extra experience means that it would take longer to complete any double degrees with education. For example, at another university, you might be able to do a Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Education in four years, at Notre Dame that same degree can take five years or more. However, unlike other universities, a double degree isn't compulsory for secondary education, so that might be an advantage.

grkpride07

HSC
hii guys..

i was wondering, does notre dame stick the the uai in their course prospectus booklet.. or can u get in with a lower uai..? does any current student know?

thanksss heapz..

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
grkpride07 said:
hii guys..

i was wondering, does notre dame stick the the uai in their course prospectus booklet.. or can u get in with a lower uai..? does any current student know?

thanksss heapz..
They don't use the UAI system, that is why you won't find it published anywhere.
They make undergrad offers on a basis of:
  • HSC Marks - focus is on subjects relevent to the subject. E.g. Band 6 English for law. Anything they say about UAI is a guide in comparison to UAI estimates they make from the HSC marks as they don't receive your UAI like uni admissions through UAC.
  • Interview
  • School reference
Last year I got offered a place in B Arts and B Arts/B Laws at notre dame but didn't take it. Similarly, I know someone who got an offer in double degree law with a UAI of 85, however, like myself they did exceptional in English and the interview.

Mus0

HSC
What an Idiot. It is a university, I go there, and I believe I do the same amount as work as any other university.

gigglepot_jess

2 and a half years to go!
HSC
politik said:
Notre Dame isn't a real University.
um...i go there and i am in my 2nd year of teaching. Id like to know your 'source' of not being a real university.

The teaching course at Notre Dame is fantastic, i tell everyone that wants to do teaching that it is the best course. because the uni is small you really get the one on one attention that will help you to your full potential and instead of doing 16 weeks of prac over the 4 year course you do 32 weeks, which means you do full terms. I have just finshed my first 10 week prac and loved it!, it is a lot of work to put your life aside for such a long time ie work and stuff but totally worth it for all the real life teaching expereince you get even before you have your own class. also getting your re certificate without doing any extra work outside uni is great, it definatly gives us the edge when we graduate, having that little extra piece of paper, lol.

kokoro86

HSC
the ba arts/education course at notre dame is great, much more experience in the real thing, makes sure there are better prepared teachers in schools.
I am a 3rd year student.... and i find it is the best uni there is... ;)

HSC
kokoro86 said:
the ba arts/education course at notre dame is great, much more experience in the real thing, makes sure there are better prepared teachers in schools.
I am a 3rd year student.... and i find it is the best uni there is... ;)
im seriously thinking about this course at notre dame...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)