teaching ourselves??? (1 Viewer)

mossup

can you do the mossup?
cloud eight & nine tenths. Yes its frustrating
HSC
My physics teacher sux....all he says is.."look, don't ask why u have to understand this....you just do".......and he's always going on about how we have to teach ourselves and how it's up to us to complete all the outcomes.

I thought he was supposed to be the TEACHER!!!

if anyone else has a decent complaint about their teachers not teaching them...put it in here!

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
talk to your principal. it wouldnt be too stupid don't you think? it IS your HSC. It's a concern

And no don't self teach. It's good, but don't be dependent on it, unless you know you're great...

Seriously talk to someone...

mossup

can you do the mossup?
cloud eight & nine tenths. Yes its frustrating
HSC
yeah.....good point....i'm too chicken though.
i'm droping physics this term cos i don't want 13 units, and physics is a subject that can go.

besides...at my school, you don't get new teachers because one isn't doing their job.....you get a new teacher if there is an empty spot. dodgey government.

Bobcat

HSC
in my chem class, we u used to learn like one dot point then he'd go

know i want u to learn this this and this dot point for homework.

which, being my own fault, i never did.

Talk to ur principal/head teacher or even ur teacher. Or get a tutor.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
My teacher for physics basically taught out of excel. He knew his stuff and could explain if you asked but he was lazy and basically made us read over it. I think teachers that say not to ask why we need to know things dont know the answer themselves and should be replaced

tennille

HSC
I basically taught myself for physics- out of the excel book. I managed to get decent marks throughout the course (don't know about the HSC exam though)...my teacher new his stuff but the way he teaches is better for those who can just listen and they absorb everything. He doesn't right notes, so when he's talking, I had to jot down notes, which came to no avail for my exams.

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
That teachers shit, but shit happens... in my own opinion you might as well get a physics tutor.... and rely on them, I did that with maths and got in the top 10 at school from being in the bottom 20

Scanorama

HSC
Most teachers in my school are fuckers, they don't know how to teach. During Year 12, I taught myself in almost every single subjects with the exception of Chemistry. Consequently I came first in General Maths (oh btw my maths teacher is a head teacher yet he can't teach). Excel, Macquaire, textbooks are your good friends in self-teaching.

MasterP

Come to Daddy
HSC
Teaching yourself can be a good thing, if you are able to. It shows you have initiative, and a genuine interest in learning can take you far. I have to teach myself the bulk of the SDD course, and extra things for Legal Studies because the teachers aren't that great. Still, a good teacher is always preferable.

To those who are hopless at teaching themselves, and who suffer from bad teachers, you have my sympathy.

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
What is the point of having a teacher in the classroom if he/she is not teaching you and telling you to teach yourself

choc-chip

HSC
i did self teaching through out the whole yr for business studies basically..now i stucked business studies, i blame him!!!

Skip

mossup said:
My physics teacher sux....all he says is.."look, don't ask why u have to understand this....you just do".......and he's always going on about how we have to teach ourselves and how it's up to us to complete all the outcomes.

if anyone else has a decent complaint about their teachers not teaching them...put it in here!
Same thing with my chem teacher.

We went to the prinipal, but nothing happened.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
my maths teacher sucked so hard i thought i was better off in the misery of 4u with a new class than to stay in his class for another year.

doodydo

HSC
N/A
our physics class suffered too.
-it wasn't so much that he didn't teach, but that he over complicated things so much trying to sound intelligent that his info wasn't approachable

consequently, i had to self teach...and it takes a bloody long time away from your other subjects

rumour

HSC
mossup said:

My Physics teacher was like that.

Get a tutor.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
mossup said:
"look, don't ask why u have to understand this....you just do"
lol, a family friend used to be a teacher, and I asked him how he used to deal with that style of question, and his reply was "because the Board of Studies and syllabus state you need to know it"

in terms of crap teachers, my physics teacher was uber crap...like, our entire book was filled with
heading
refer to text
heading
refer to text
heading
refer to text​
and so on.

if it gets that bad, really, its your hsc, you need to step upto the plate and take some responsibility, because, really, in uni the great majority of the teaching is done by you to yourself, not the lecturer to you. I mean, they present the material once and once only, its upto you to figure it out for yourself, so get used to yr 12 as a trial run.

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
Having a good teacher really helps, but you can't expect to get good teachers for all subjects :|

For the sciences, it's not hard to teach yourself. I find it hard to cope with a crappy maths teacher, but there's always tuition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)