Teaching Scholarship (1 Viewer)

DarkPrince_87

HSC
anyone made the shortlist as yet? i just got a phone call out of the blue...which is really cool cause i wasnt expecting to make the short list, lol they must be really really short in applicants this year...so anyone else have to go on December the 2nd? im gonna try to get mine changed to a different date coz i have got to go to TAFE that day...think they will let me change it?

DarkPrince_87

HSC
oh ok...well i want to teach Technical and Applied Studies or something like that (TAS) in computers so unless ur getting that good luck with making the shortlist....i dunno if its that hard to do, i dont know how much ppl didnt make it

Gummy_bear

HSC
Oh man! i didnt even know there was a teaching scholarship.. Poop! Coz all my preferences are teaching stuff. Damnit! >< I knew i should of looked around at different scholarships.

DarkPrince_87

HSC
oh ok...thats no fun...the scholarship pays ur hex fee's, gives u $1500 a year for text book allowance and i think some other stuff....condition is u work in a public school for like 4 yrs

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
DarkPrince_87 said:
oh ok...thats no fun...the scholarship pays ur hex fee's, gives u $1500 a year for text book allowance and i think some other stuff....condition is u work in a public school for like 4 yrs
that's a pretty awesome scholarship. Good luck on getting it!

7th Sign

HSC
no wonder their short lol

teacher been imported from over seas, theirs like no one going into it...

make sure you teach at a good school not some shit school where you will get problems...

DarkPrince_87

HSC
lol i never sed there was anything bad with public schools, been going to them all my life, just saying i think thats the only condition...i cant remember too much about the scholarship anymore, i think it goes to 100 or 140 students.....i hope i get it (considering i gotta study 6 hours for a 30 mins interview!) but knowing my luck i wont, then we have to wait till the 19th of December to find out if we get it or not........neone else know wen we get told if we got early entry or not?

Snow_dog

HSC
DAMN i didnt know there was a teaching scholarship.....

so what course u pick for teaching? u doing primary or secondary?

my courses are all early childhood, so i can teach in like k-2 and preschool

DarkPrince_87

HSC
i chose secondary, trying to teach TAS in computers and we have to chose something else so i chose maths...even tho i did really bad in it for the HSC

Gummy_bear

HSC
Snow_dog said:
DAMN i didnt know there was a teaching scholarship.....

so what course u pick for teaching? u doing primary or secondary?

my courses are all early childhood, so i can teach in like k-2 and preschool
Hey, some of my preferences are for courses for that too! About 4 of them, the rest are for art teaching in high school.

im so peeved i didnt know about this, they should make it easier to find out about these things. ><

Kabbageau

I'm awesome
HSC
I got an interview too - except I'm going for the hippy subjects: English with History or Drama. In fact, I'd rather be a primary school teacher - but they do't offer scholarships for that field.

Darkprince: Whats this about studying six hours for a 30minute interview? The lady never told me about doing research for the interview!!

furrycatau

HSC
N/A
Yeah got an interview for the 30th of Nov. Have to fly bloody 5 hours down for a 30 min interview!

And whats this 6 hours study crap!?

Last edited:

study buddy

troglodyte
HSC
I applied for one, but I haven't got called yet. I thought they said they weren't calling till like, the 12th or something? I dunno. Anyway, What subjects did u apply for, and where did u say u would teach? I applied for English/History, teaching in either Bankstown, Fairfield or Granville. Couldn't bare to put "anywhere in the state". Maybe that's affected who they've called so far?

DarkPrince_87

HSC
lol i didnt mean to say study,....yeh no way 6 hours study...lol i meant 6 hours travel...dunno where study came from....yeh well 6 hours travel there and 6 hours back...better get it...lol

DarkPrince_87

HSC
hey just thought id ask if anyone has gone for their interview as yet? they started interviewing 4 days ago and im just interested on how they went?

al_87

HSC
dude, you almos gave me a heartattack when i read that study thing! (its alright, i read the latter one that you corrected as travel) my interview is tomorrow. i had to come back up from schoolies...but that was only a four hour trip, so not so bad. i applied for english and drama and history - im the loser that couldn't choose between the three. and im so scared...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)