teaching? (1 Viewer)

Tubby69

HSC
Hey guys,

I got an atar of 80.35, which was WAY below my expected atar. I'm having a really hard time deciding what to do in uni. I've sort juggled between psychology and teaching (for hsie or maths); although leaning more towards teaching). Does anyone know which is the best uni to go to to get a teaching degree? I can't decide between a bachelor of arts with diploma for education at macquarie or a bachelor of education/ bachelor of arts at usyd.

Also, is it impossible for me to do bachelor of education (secondary mathematics) at usyd which requires an atar of 86.35? is it possible for me to get 6 more points or is the mac 5?

Thanks

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hey guys,

I got an atar of 80.35, which was WAY below my expected atar. I'm having a really hard time deciding what to do in uni. I've sort juggled between psychology and teaching (for hsie or maths); although leaning more towards teaching). Does anyone know which is the best uni to go to to get a teaching degree? I can't decide between a bachelor of arts with diploma for education at macquarie or a bachelor of education/ bachelor of arts at usyd.

Also, is it impossible for me to do bachelor of education (secondary mathematics) at usyd which requires an atar of 86.35? is it possible for me to get 6 more points or is the mac 5?

Thanks
You should put down your first preference remembering that these published ATAR cut-offs are last years and there will be changes to the cut-offs this year. In what courses, or whether up or down, is not known yet but put down what you really want.

knockii

Head spinning too much, can't find my bearings =(
HSC
Regarding which university to study at, that may depend on what the HSIE subject you want to teach is going to be. Both have great history departments, with Macquarie probably having the edge when it comes to ancient history.

It's also possible to become a qualified maths AND HSIE teacher through the BEd(Secondary:Humanities and Social Sciences)/BA at usyd.

You could choose to major in mathematics, but you'd be required to major in another arts subject, or you're not so keen on a double major you could minor in maths as your second teaching subject.

As far as I know, the BEd(Secondary:Mathematics)/BSc won't enable you to be able to teach an HSIE subject.

With the bonus points, usyd only offers 5, as cem stated though, the course cut-off may drop. However from what you've said, I'd recommend the BEd(Secondary:Humanities and Social Sciences)/BA at usyd

Tubby69

HSC
Regarding which university to study at, that may depend on what the HSIE subject you want to teach is going to be. Both have great history departments, with Macquarie probably having the edge when it comes to ancient history.

It's also possible to become a qualified maths AND HSIE teacher through the BEd(Secondary:Humanities and Social Sciences)/BA at usyd.

You could choose to major in mathematics, but you'd be required to major in another arts subject, or you're not so keen on a double major you could minor in maths as your second teaching subject.

As far as I know, the BEd(Secondary:Mathematics)/BSc won't enable you to be able to teach an HSIE subject.

With the bonus points, usyd only offers 5, as cem stated though, the course cut-off may drop. However from what you've said, I'd recommend the BEd(Secondary:Humanities and Social Sciences)/BA at usyd
Lol yep, i put that course as my first and the maths one at usyd for 2nd pref.

gee all this uni stuff is so confusing >.<

MissLaura91

HSC
i was worried too. i only had an ATAR of 82.6 and needed an ATAR of 86 to get into my double degree of ARts/Arts Ed. but i was lucky enough for the fringe to be 82.4, so i got in!! :) its horrible thinking u dont have a high enough score!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)