Teaching... (1 Viewer)

soulshine

HSC
20 would be a pretty dramatic increase. i'd feel bad. then again, i live in a pretty rich area, all those stingey parents should fork out more. but i'd still feel bad. maybe i'll just up them to 15. but i cant just do it randomly. i'll have to wait till next year.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
My standard fee is $20 a half hour, and $35 for the full hour. This applies whether I'm teaching music, doing web design or any other service I've been contracted to. In terms of music teaching, it's a very reasonable fee, considering that most teachers start around $45-50 an hour.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
piano lessons - price

hi guys,

just a quick question, i'm about to start teaching a beginner, she's around 6 or 7 and i was wondering how much other teachers charge? is $20 too much for half an hour?

ta.

(susan, pb - i was going to post this in tutoring but decided it might be more relevant here - you're welcome to move it somewhere else if you think it's more appropriate <3)

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
nope definitely not, most places would charge considerably more than that i think

hi bubz!

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
hey Bubz

i'd go with $20 easy, thats pretty much a standard price, and you don't want to start off too low otherwise it'll be hard getting much money out of it
check out the teaching thread a bit below this one. but $20 is good i'd say :)

the last laugh
HSC
ahh i'm an idiot. thanks tim.. and breaking!
lol yeah i guess coz i'm charging $15 - $20 per HOUR for primary school tutoring... just seems a bit weird to get the same for half the time :p

also the fact that my piano teacher is a legend and charges my sister and i next to nothing - literally. because we're his last students on sunday, we're there from 6 - 10pm (two hours each), and he charges us $40. that's $10 per hour. i love him (so does my dad :D).

susan, you can merge this with the other teaching thread :p

Disease

Retro Rocket
HSC
I (my parents) have paid $25 for half hour lessons since I was a wee boy.

the last laugh
HSC
hello99999 said:
what qualifications do you have?
i'm doing amus right now... very slowly :p

i've only got one soon-to-be student, my dad's friend's daughter. i wasn't looking for students in the first place - but then she came along. so i'll see how it goes :)

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
yeh for amus i would say 20 bucks is a standard price.
Do your amus, hang it on a wall in front of the piano and *magig* you can instantly charge 10 bucks more lol.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
demosthenes said:
yeh for amus i would say 20 bucks is a standard price.
Do your amus, hang it on a wall in front of the piano and *magig* you can instantly charge 10 bucks more lol.
So corny, yet so true.

Its the same as tutoring really - anywhere between $15 - $22 depending on your skill level. AMus means $20 is more than ok.

And its good to post this in here, as people in Tutoring wouldn't understand - Music is a different kettle of fish altogether.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
My drum teacher offered me a teaching position for when i finish my HSC...I will be working for the drum shop, so they set my fee, which is going to be $25 for 30 minutes...personally i think that is bit rough considering im only 18 with no qualifications...but oh well...good money for me :p

annastina

HSC
i started teaching last year... i was 6th grade when i started... but im 7th now (as of last saturday... lol) but i teach at the con (the little local one) but i think it is great... and it is a great way to find things wring with your own technique...

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
$25 for 30 minutes is GOOD. I only charge $20 for 30 minutes ($35 for the hour), and I'm three years into my BABMusStudies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)