Technical Analysis - West Australian Metals Ltd (WME) (1 Viewer)

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
I've got a 6 month daily chart of WME here.

You can see from looking at the chart that it has gone through a period of illiquidity - all those dashes (-) on the chart represent days when no stock was traded at all! This is bad if you're holding because it makes it hard to sell your holdings and you may be forced to sell at a low price and realise some hefty losses if you need to liquidate your holdings for some reason. It also signals little interest in the stock which isn't a good thing.

It's come to life again in early February with volume picking up as it broke above the 30 day exponential moving average - average of prices over the last 30 days or so basically smoohed out to make the purple line... this signalled a breakout back at 8c if you were watching this stock.

However, just recently, it's made a break above the resistance of 12c with increased volume, the moving average up and the PVI positive... it's pulled back the last 2 trading days to find support again at 12c, but I would be alert for it to rally next week, especially if some positive news regarding a deal involving Uranium that I've heard rumours of is true.

This is not to be taken as financial advice in any way, please DYOR and consult a qualified financial advisor to take into account your needs, etc. before making investment decisions.

PS. I hold.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
There have been no annoucements (yet?), but WME closed at 17c with strong volume of 1.67m traded - watching for a rally or positive news from here.

I added to my holding of the oppies last week and I now hold a more substantial holding since I am feeling more confident with this stock now, both, technically & fundamentally.

The oppies have a 5c conversion price in August 2008 or something, so they're effectively trading at 1c discount to the fully paids without attaching a time premium on them.

UGFighter

HSC
Annoucement yesterday detailing the appointment of a new director. It mentioned he had experience with Uranium mines, Uranium mines, Uranium mines... btw, did I mention experience with Uranium mines??? :D

UGFighter

HSC
New director doesn't start until May 22, but it would be fair to assume that the 'asset' (Uranium mine) is probably a done deal?

I wonder when they will annouce it...

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Something up with this one!

Over 5m FPOs traded today, over 2m oppies.

WME 22c, WMEO 17c... surely there's gotta be an annoucement coming soon?

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Trading halt!!

Great timing too, I was going to sell on Monday/Tuesday regardless.

Show me the money :D

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Hey, what's the go with all the lingo? How are some of us uneducated folks supposed to understand what you are saying:p? All I get when I type FPO into Google is "Fleet Post Office" which I am pretty sure is not what FPO means in this context. I am assuming "oppies" are options? I also can't figure out what WMEO stands for and why it would mean an announcement is coming soon? I would have also assumed a trading halt is a bad thing but you seem to be stoked about it:rofl:.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Ahh, sorry dude.

oppies = options (WMEO in this context)

FPOs = Full Priced Options, ordinary shares basically. (WME in this context)

If you look up the prices of WME and WMEO at asx, you'll notice WMEO is ~5 cheaper - that's because WMEO is an option to convert to a WME ordinary share exercisable at 5c, with an expiry date of June 2008 or something.

I bought WMEO because it's cheaper which means I can buy MORE and get the same, if not greater percentage returns than if I bought WME.. so my gains are magnified and so are my losses - it works both ways, it's really a double edged sword.

Trading halts are usually called because they're going to annouce some news which will dramatically impact the company and/or share price. In this case, we've had a substantial increase in share price over the last month or two, with some heavy volume traded some days.. there's been a couple of annoucements, one about the appointment of a new Director with Uranium experience and the second one a 'response to Newspaper article' about rumours of them doing a deal for a Uranium mine in Nambia, where is where PDN have their Langer Heinrich field and RIO have their Rossing mine... rumour is they've done some sort of deal RIGHT NEXT to PDN's Langer Heinrich mine.

I don't know anything for certain with WME, I've attempted to 'buy the rumour and sell the fact'... I didn't trust my source at first since they're sitting on a huge loss in NEO which I sold out of ages ago for a loss of 25%. But, I eventually started to believe it and get more confidence in it because things were lining up - the chart, heavy volume traded, rumours, the annoucements that have been coming out, etc.

I originally got in with a small parcel at 10c holding WME, then out at 13c or so 'cause I bought some wine with it :p Then I got back into WME at 9.9c with a substantial parcel about 3-4 weeks ago and now I'm loooking to get out as soon as the trading halt is lifted - hoping the annoucement is good and takes WMEO to 20c+ for a 100% gain.. pretty risky I guess and definitely not my usual style, but hopefully it works :)

Last edited:

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
I ended up selling my WMEO at 12.5c, so I made a 25% profit. Not too good really, but a profit's a profit so I can't complain :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)