Technique (1 Viewer)

BPunjabi

Banned
HSC
Is "for fortune is a woman and in order to be mastered she must be jogged and beaten" an example of Anthropomorphism?

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
No, it's an example of personification - the quote is asserting that fortune (a concept) is a woman (a person). This is further enforced by calling fortune a "she".

BPunjabi

Banned
HSC
No, it's an example of personification - the quote is asserting that fortune (a concept) is a woman (a person). This is further enforced by calling fortune a "she".
Cheers man you really know your stuff, Do you have some sort of english technique table?

Btw can you help me with something;
Does "A saint, an angel" suit the theme of religious connotions or women and femininity better?. Religious connotions is obvious though women and femininity refers to how women were either seen as saints or whores.

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
Cheers man you really know your stuff, Do you have some sort of english technique table?

Btw can you help me with something;
Does "A saint, an angel" suit the theme of religious connotions or women and femininity better?. Religious connotions is obvious though women and femininity refers to how women were either seen as saints or whores.
I don't have a table ahaha, just practice.

There's no reason for you not to integrate both of those concepts - religious ideals of femininity and 'purity' are what synthesised society's general attitude towards women for a very long time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)