Techniques & Effects (1 Viewer)

sarawrrx

HSC
Just truncated sentences, what's the effect of them?

& is anyone doing Kite Runner as a related text in belonging? There's not much here about the book and Belonging :(

student6625

HSC
Truncated sentences just means short sentences, right? If it's a series of short sentences, it helps to create a sense of urgency. Only one truncated sentence kind of presents a view bluntly and directly which is used to reinforce the idea being communicated.

EternalFlame

HSC
Yes, its to create an air of importance and indicates significance of what is being said. and as student 6625 says, reinforce the original idea. they can be used in both dialouge and normal narration. eg "She was crying. alot. I din't knwo what to do. i tried to help. but..i just couldn't" (indicates, tonality and speed of the speaker)

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
on the topic of techniques, what is the effect of alliteration and intertexuality?

student6625

HSC
Alliteration- repetition of consonant sounds creates a musical effect which gives more emphasis on the idea being conveyed.

Intertextuality- shaping the meaning of a text by using other texts. Also helps reinforce the idea being conveyed since it is being enriched by evidence from another text.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)