Techniques for english - conflict (1 Viewer)

lcx

HSC
any1 got a lsit of techniques fort he area of study 'conflict

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
You mean the usual metaphors and stuff?

ccc123

HSC
To pseudonym 'ICX' (i know who you are) here are some film techniques you should look for during the common (yes that stupid film extract we have to view..):

*Camera angles- remember upper shots symbolise authority/superiority, while lower angles shots may intimate that the character is vulnerable/inferior.
*A crooked camera angle could demonstrate instability, or if a character is experiencing inner conflict and the quality of teh picture is distorted, it could mirror the charcter's inner turmoil.
*Um er...colour could also reflct a charcter's situation. Like in the movie Thirteen the film is monochrome a one point, paralleling the nadir of the protagonist's degeneration.
*Pathetic fallacy- always a good one to drop in an essay.
*Juxtaposition- this one also impresses.
*Obviously, look out for all the usual crap like symbolism, motifs and stuff.
*And dialogue- which we know the extract will have...
*Monologue
*Close up camera shots- accentuates facial expressions.
*Ooohh! Music! Fast paced music can parallel a fast paced plot, poignant music can evoke emotion and help us to empathise with the protagonists predicament bla bla bla...
*If your doing teh crucible for your core text there isn't really a plethora of techniques to go by, but a few wuld include:
*The narration
*allegory
*characterisation
*Biblical Lang.
*Symbolism
*Can't think of any others A.T.M

lcx

HSC
ahah ok i found the conflict psot thing it lol thx ehhe
yeh i'm doing all sorts of conflict. cause tis on the film 'the boxer' so yeh political/religious, inner conflict, social conflict, physical

btw ccc123 u hav very good english skills! u no sooo mani techniques

ccc123 said:
To pseudonym 'ICX' (i know who you are) here are some film techniques you should look for during the common (yes that stupid film extract we have to view..):

*Camera angles- remember upper shots symbolise authority/superiority, while lower angles shots may intimate that the character is vulnerable/inferior.
*A crooked camera angle could demonstrate instability, or if a character is experiencing inner conflict and the quality of teh picture is distorted, it could mirror the charcter's inner turmoil.
*Um er...colour could also reflct a charcter's situation. Like in the movie Thirteen the film is monochrome a one point, paralleling the nadir of the protagonist's degeneration.
*Pathetic fallacy- always a good one to drop in an essay.
*Juxtaposition- this one also impresses.
*Obviously, look out for all the usual crap like symbolism, motifs and stuff.
*And dialogue- which we know the extract will have...
*Monologue
*Close up camera shots- accentuates facial expressions.
*Ooohh! Music! Fast paced music can parallel a fast paced plot, poignant music can evoke emotion and help us to empathise with the protagonists predicament bla bla bla...
*If your doing teh crucible for your core text there isn't really a plethora of techniques to go by, but a few wuld include:
*The narration
*allegory
*characterisation
*Biblical Lang.
*Symbolism
*Can't think of any others A.T.M

Last edited:

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
i think i know who you are too, lcx =O
i think your name starts with an "L"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)