techniques on "the road not taken" (1 Viewer)

marvouta

HSC
can anyone help me with finding some techniques on the road not taken; other than imagery, pleeeease it is urgent!!!!

Jo2

HSC
N/A
Road not Taken is an extended metaphor develing into the choices we make in life.
The road is a metaphor for life
There is symbolism as well as imagery relating to life and times in life Yellow leaves represent autumn in someone life middle age experience. The is a rhyming pattern.

Sorry that's all i can remember i dont have my stuff in front of me hope that helps a bit.

Dr_Doom

HSC
There's heaps. But I guess it's to late since you posted that 22 days ago :|

Illidan

HSC
road not taken is one of the texts where the journey is more imporant for the arrival "i took the road less travel by and that has made all the difference."

you can talk about the use of rhyme (if there is any i forget) and rythym and how the uncertainty is conveyed when he is assessing hich raod to take

SammyTes

HSC
Another aspect that not many people look into is the context of the poem. If you look more into Robert Frost you start to understand that the poem is semi-autobiographical. He had to make a few major decisions that deeply effected his life such as continuing on with poetry or working for his parents in a company they had built up for him. Maybe this is another point to think about when writing an essay.

Amanda90

HSC
hi, i'm doing the road not taken as well for HSC, i'm really stuck on techniques as well. non of them seem to stand out. the only ones i've found are metaphor cos the whole road is a metaphor for life and the parting in the road is a time in your life when u have to make decision etc. umm... The metre of the poem is irregular and makes the poem sound conversational. The word 'yellow' can symbolise autumn of that time in a person's life that is autumnal when time is running out. That's all i've got so far, if u could help me out a bit too it would be great. thanks

manda

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)