Techniques used on websites - English (1 Viewer)

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Hey :) im needing some english help. I'm doing essays on the texts that I have chosen and we have to relate them to change in worlds.

I'm currently doing the World Vision website and I really don't understand what techniques you can get from them.
Firstly I had images, which worked out fine and then I had text and colour schemes, but that was totally irrelevant as I could not relate it back to how the colour schemes helped show change in worlds. So now I'm stuck. =] I was thinking that maybe text wasn't really a technique and so I'm trying to break it down into seperate techniques.
But .. I can't seem to do it. Please try and help me. I just confused now. ><"

thank youuu .. :wave:

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
You could use colours, for instance is there anything symbolic about the colours? (If a website has dark and light colours that contrast then you could use that etc) some other techniques that you can use are language techniques present like:
* Juxtaposition
* Emotive Words
* Connotation
* Present tense
* Conversational tone
* 1st person, 2nd person etc
* Hyperbole
* Slogan

Also you could use the positioning of images, the significance of the images etc.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
oh wow. I never realised you could do so much. lol .. thanks for that. Now to bs my way into relating it to change in worlds .. ^^

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
umm .. back again ? now for the website .. although i can like some, although very little use of techniques, im not able to see how i can relate those back to change in worlds. could somebody give me an example as to how this might work ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)