Teenage Flag Burner Visits Kokoda (1 Viewer)

dam10

HSC
withoutaface said:
You do realise that quote further entrenches the stereotype of Muslims as reactionary morons, right?
I dont see a problem with it.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Scanorama said:
Who is paying for the travel costs? I hope he paid it himself.
i doubt it...probably the rsl funded the trip

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
oh well, whats done is done and theres nothing we can change that
like i said earlier if he has changed as a person, then good on him and thus it was good for him to trek the kokoda

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
dam10 said:
"I am a Muslim, because it's a religion that teaches you an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. It teaches you to respect everybody, and treat everybody right. But it also teaches you if someone steps on your toe, chop off their foot. And I carry my religious axe with me all the time."- Malcolm X

You obviously dont know much about my religion, You've made ur bed, now go sleep

you obviously dont know much about malcom X.

He later denounced alot of those views..[after going to MECCA..] and took on a more egalitarian approach...

Says something doesnt it? He goes to the core of Islam and then decides that all his previous views.. [including the quote you recited..]were pretty much illegitimate and reevaluates all his goals...

and back on the topic of describing people on the basis of race
if we're into quoting malcom x..
heres a quote from 1965..
'if you find one who says he's white, all he's doing is using an adjective to describe soemthing that's incidental about him, one ofhis incidental characteristics, there is nothing else to it, he's just white'

i am taking that quote out of context..
in the speech the afore mentioned quote refersto how over in 'asia or the Arab world or in Africa' thats what a white man is.. wheras in American society.. being white means something different- Supremacy...

Last edited:

xXeMoxXxCoRexX

you can't be half as emo
on a grassy knoll, overlooking the dregs of the lu
HSC
dam10 said:
"I am a Muslim, because it's a religion that teaches you an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. It teaches you to respect everybody, and treat everybody right. But it also teaches you if someone steps on your toe, chop off their foot. And I carry my religious axe with me all the time."- Malcolm X

You obviously dont know much about my religion, You've made ur bed, now go sleep
Strictly speaking Malcolm X was a member of Nation of Islam, who are regarded as being not actually Islam at all, by the more orthodox scholars of the religion.

Just thought it was nicely ironic you were quoting him before invoking the usual 'you don't know anything about islam' line.

jimmayyy

HSC
Exphate said:
Good that they made him do that instead of Community Service or pay a fine. That way he might learn to respect Australia and the Flag, rather than make him more spiteful towards the country.

Kudoes to the RSL for having this made his punishment rather than the forementioned.

EDIT: I STILL DISAGREE WITH LABELLING HIM AS "A LEBANESE TEENAGER".
if he is first or second generation lebanse and a teenager, wtf problem is there with labelling him as such?

and anyway, anyone who burns the flag my grand parents gave their life under should be shot in the knee caps. simple.

this prick is a perfect example of the problem our society faces. we have people in this country through large scale, un-governed and destructive migration that a) do not even consider themselves Australian and b) show the country that has given their pathetic sorry arses a second chance at a good life and a fair go NO respect whatsoever.

you wonder why honest, decent, hard working upright Australian citizens are abandoning the piss weak moderate parties in their droves, especially youth. you wonder why things like cronulla happen. you wonder WHY there is SUCH a line drawn between middle-eastern people and anglo people in this country.

THIS SCUM IS WHY.

Last edited:

nichhhole

HSC
i find it quite amusing actually.
Jimmayyyy made a good point.
When all's going well, you find a large portion of these communities bragging about their ethnicity... ie. when asked what they are, they sayd that they're lebanese, regardless of the fact that they're 2nd generation Australian, born and raised here...
but yet whenever the shit hits the fan and someone of their ethnicity does something wrong, they're quick to disown this 'label'.. and complain about being 'segregated' ie by being labelled 'of middle eastern appearance'...

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
nichhhole said:
i find it quite amusing actually.
Jimmayyyy made a good point.
When all's going well, you find a large portion of these communities bragging about their ethnicity... ie. when asked what they are, they sayd that they're lebanese, regardless of the fact that they're 2nd generation Australian, born and raised here...
but yet whenever the shit hits the fan and someone of their ethnicity does something wrong, they're quick to disown this 'label'.. and complain about being 'segregated' ie by being labelled 'of middle eastern appearance'...
Being proud of one's heritage is hardly bragging. And of course people would get shitty if people make it a main issue that the perpetrator of a crime was of a certain background, when it's irrelevant.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
You're saying the same people who brag about their heritage (and denouncing Australia) are the same people who quickly "disown their label" when something like this happens. Because that's news to me.

I think you merely made a huge assumption.

xXeMoxXxCoRexX

you can't be half as emo
on a grassy knoll, overlooking the dregs of the lu
HSC
I agree with the extremely pretentious '07er female of Asian appearance who irritates everyone in non-school.

It's of interest to us that this particular individual was Lebanese. So it's reported. If no one cared, they might even leave it out (why don't they identify which part of Europe a white person has their origins in? Because no one cares).

Are you in favour of hiding the facts from the public? What are you trying to cover up? The people deserve and demand to know.

EDiTED: I don't think Lebs or other people would "disown" their label. Rather if they identify themselves as Lebs or otherwise, people should be fine for the media to do so as well :D

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I felt you meant how people of a particular group will speak out that the criminal does not represent their culture/race/religion etc.

Which I find is perfectly fine.

Anyway, again, I feel that at occasion, some racial profiling can be quite unnecessary in the news.

nichhhole

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
I felt you meant how people of a particular group will speak out that the criminal does not represent their culture/race/religion etc.

Which I find is perfectly fine.

Anyway, again, I feel that at occasion, some racial profiling can be quite unnecessary in the news.

No no... i too think thats important.. [that particular groups do attempt to clarify that the criminals actions arent reflective of their culture etc..]

and while i don't think that racial profiling is unnecessary, i do feel that people of Middle eastern are subject to the stigma that results from the overbearing amount of coverage that there has been on terrorism instigated by middle eastern people.... [which is hardly balanced out with alternate views on other races commiting these acts..]...
as mentioned in the terrorism thread...
theres an uneven bias in the depictions of world events.

eh.

lara.alfan

HSC
N/A
the kid done the wrong thing n excuse me he wanted to go to the kokoda he wasnt forced , it wasnt punishment n his family paid for it so y is every1 going off, give the kid a chance n tha onli reason every1 is going off i cuz hes lebanese, n im sure if he wasnt it wouldnt be so controversial, jus like the 5 australian boys from mi skool hu raped a girl n taped it got bail for rape at a low price, y rnt they locked up like bilal skaf for raping some girl off canterbury road/// its not fair n pple r becoming too racist,

its nt cuz he burned the australian falg its cuz hes lebanese

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
lara.alfan said:
the kid done the wrong thing n excuse me he wanted to go to the kokoda he wasnt forced , it wasnt punishment n his family paid for it so y is every1 going off, give the kid a chance n tha onli reason every1 is going off i cuz hes lebanese, n im sure if he wasnt it wouldnt be so controversial, jus like the 5 australian boys from mi skool hu raped a girl n taped it got bail for rape at a low price, y rnt they locked up like bilal skaf for raping some girl off canterbury road/// its not fair n pple r becoming too racist,

if only you could type properly in the future, that would be much appreciated

however i do agree with you that we have to cut the kid some slack...and im happy for him if he has changed his ways, from being a rebel to being a decent citizen of australia, so like i said in my earlier postings, best wishes go to him in the future

krayzie_

HSC
lara.alfan said:

Yes he should be given another chance to rehabilitate, but I don't think everyone is posting up because he is from a Lebanese background.

Bilal Skaf raped a 16 yr old girl at gunpoint, he was convicted on 21 counts of aggravated rape, assault and kidnapping. He was sentenced to 55 years with 40 years of it non-parole but now due to appeals he is now serving 31 years.

Having said that compared with those 5 boys, I think the judicial system is surely not basing their decisions on the race of the person..

Having said that these boys are probably juveniles they weren't armed with firearms and I'm sure this is their first offense not their 20th raping.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
i think its the nature of the rape, not the race of the person that deemed bilal skaf at 55 years in prison
ffs the victim, who was sober at the time was held at gun/knifepoint surrounded by a group of horny middle eastern men who fucking repeatedly raped her for a few hours at different locations, comparing to a girl that was what mentally deformed, surrounded by 5 rapists, and weapon free, so i can see why bilal and his mates got relatively severe sentences and these dudes not as severe
like i said my guess is the nature of it...not the person racial characteristic

EDIT: wrong forum :(

Last edited:

circusmind

HSC
jimmayyy said:
and anyway, anyone who burns the flag my grand parents gave their life under should be shot in the knee caps. simple.
Mmmmm...symbol worship....

Our soldiers didn't fight for a flag (and when they fought under a flag, it was almost never the Blue Ensign, which was only made our national flag by the Flags Act 1953), they fought for a variety of ideological and pragmatic reasons. To suggest that our flag is given some magical status by sacrifice by Australians at war cheapens their efforts.

Everyone fights under a specific flag, but not everyone fights to, say, repel Japanese imperialism, or free Europe from Nazi rule. The fact that such fighting occured in the name of a nation which was (sometimes) represented by a certain flag is incidental.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)