• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Teen's plea on morning-after pill (1 Viewer)

bassistx

HSC
Sarah160 said:
She was fifteen, does anyone understand the fact that a fifteen year old is pretty well incapable of making decisions to this capacity?
omfg
we get it
do you get that she can tell her parents instead of the doctor?
ffs

bassistx

HSC
Sarah160 said:
I think you're missing my point, my point was that i think it's fair enough for the doctor to have become involved, not that the girl was an idiot.

sorry, what's QFT?
Would you want your doc to tell your parents or do it yourself? If you're going for the first option you're a real idiot. If you can't bear the embarrassment then use protection.

QFT can mean 2 things.
Quite fcking true
or
quoted for truth
It will depend on the context.

Sarah160

HSC
(lol, thanks for the explanation...i'm so noob)

What if, left to her own devices, the girl would have opted not to have told her parents at all? do you guys the doctor have become involved if that were the case?

bassistx

HSC
Sarah160 said:
(lol, thanks for the explanation...i'm so noob)

What if, left to her own devices, the girl would have opted not to have told her parents at all? do you guys the doctor have become involved if that were the case?
Why tell her parents anyway?
She wants an abortion, give her an abortion.
She wants the mother-fckng-pill, give her the mother-fckng-pill.
Your job is to protect her privacy.

Sarah160

HSC
I completely agree that someone should be able to access the pill or talk about sex with their doctor without their parents finding out. However, I also believe that there is no way that a fourteen year old should be allowed to have an abortion without their parents knowing about it. It's such a huge thing and has so many emotional consequences, and the parents should know about it to be able to support their daughter.

bassistx

HSC
williamc said:
damn, i was planning on pounding you.

Think about it.
I wish girls thought with their vaginas.
I could shove my homework up there and be all like... Smart.
Easy way out.

bassistx

HSC
Sarah160 said:
I completely agree that someone should be able to access the pill or talk about sex with their doctor without their parents finding out. However, I also believe that there is no way that a fourteen year old should be allowed to have an abortion without their parents knowing about it. It's such a huge thing and has so many emotional consequences, and the parents should know about it to be able to support their daughter.
What if they kill her or make her get married instead?
Stop being stupid. You'd make a crap doctor.
Doctors have no ethical/moral obligations.
END OF ARGUMENT.

williamc

HSC
bassistx said:
I wish girls thought with their vaginas.
I could shove my homework up there and be all like... Smart.
Easy way out.
Thats disgusting.

bassistx

HSC
williamc said:
Thats disgusting.
I was referring to a video on YouTube, I think it was.
"Girls think with their vaginas"
I don't have the link or whatever so blegh nvm.

williamc

HSC
bassistx said:
I was referring to a video on YouTube, I think it was.
"Girls think with their vaginas"
I don't have the link or whatever so blegh nvm.
change your sig plz.

Sarah160

HSC
bassistx said:
Stop being stupid. You'd make a crap doctor.
lol good thing i have no desire to become one then isn't it?

meh, as much as you think i'm an idiot, i still believe that doctors should be allowed to talk to parents/guardians when kids are THAT young. in reality i know that they can't, so i wouldn't say that a gp should do it, but i think that doctor-patient confidentiality should apply above the age of consent. but that's just my opinion

Bainesy

HSC
bassistx said:
.....what to?
to be only very slightly off topic, bassistx, you are just the dumbest person ever. what does that vagina thing mean??? this is what you think about with your time??? putting your homework up your hairy lair??? did you even think about the possible consequences, like how much it would hurt??? wtf?

100 bucks to anyone that bassistx is blonde and lost her virginity when she was 14.

this leads nicely to an ontopic post, parents shouldnt be told if thier kids are getting the pill, if they raised such a dumbass child then they should expect this behaviour, no warnings required

however, i would like to challenge my very own opinion. maybe the parents should be warned. this may help stop the kid from getting pregnant. with any luck, the kid wont ever get pregnant and pass on her stupid genes to anyone else.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
bassistx said:
Doctors have no ethical/moral obligations.
END OF ARGUMENT.
Life would be easier if things were that simple, but the law tends to dictate otherwise. An extract from a short publication called consent to medical treatment by young people:

"At common law, the position is this. Because the young woman is under 18 years of age (and therefore a minor) she only has capacity to consent to the abortion if she has a “sufficient understanding and intelligence to enable … her to understand fully what is proposed”. This is the common law test of competency, known as the test of Gillick-competency, after the English case that proposed the test. It means that the common law test of capacity to consent to medical treatment is not based on a fixed age (such as 14, 16 or 18), but on the intellectual maturity of a young individual, recognizing that this may differ in relation to various types of treatment. The justification for the test is said to be that it reflects experience and psychology."

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Also:

bassistx said:
What if they kill her or make her get married instead?
I'm fairly sure that allowances are made if disclosure to the parents is likely to result in significant physical/social/psychological harm to the woman in question. I am unsure how the likelihood of such harm is assessed, however. In a lot of states in the US you can obtain a judicial bypass in order to obtain a secret abortion. In other words, it is possible for the law to dictate that parents of children younger that 'X' be informed (or, alternatively, need to give consent) whilst still leaving an escape route for those that are likely to be harmed by this procedure.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Bassistx is Islamic.
I'd like to take your fucking shit bet bainesy and shove it up your ass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)