Teeth Whitening (1 Viewer)

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
ever since getting my braces off (yes, a few years ago) i have thought about getting my teeth bleached/whitened/something

so my question for y'all is:
a) know anything about professional bleaching - cost/effectiveness/longevity/etc
b) found some super-dooper commercial product that is really really good? please feel free to rave & rant

i look forward to your contribution!!!!
:D

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
I wouldn't get them commerically bleached. I've heard there are problems.. Getting gum disease, and it loose it's effectivness rather quickly- well, depending on your lifestyle/ diet of course.
The cost is rather steep, but hey.,. so is a filling.

Chemical Product.. in the supermarket.. That stuff that looks like nail polish from Mcleans (i think) it's a paint on one.. it seems to work ok.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Some side effects include tooth thermal sensitivity, gingival irritation, tooth pain and headaches.

There are concerns about whiteners causing cancer. The peroxide contained in whiteners produce free radicals which can cause cellular damage. However, proper use of whiteners have shown to have no carcinogenic risks.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
melimoo said:
ever since getting my braces off (yes, a few years ago) i have thought about getting my teeth bleached/whitened/something

so my question for y'all is:
a) know anything about professional bleaching - cost/effectiveness/longevity/etc
b) found some super-dooper commercial product that is really really good? please feel free to rave & rant

i look forward to your contribution!!!!
:D
just wondering, does it hurt when you got your braces off? im getting mine off real soon ><"

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
umm, yeah it hurt.
but the pain is numbed by happiness.
you'll be fine :)

and they have laser teeth whitening? details???

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
it didnt realy hurt me to get them off
i hated the snapping off with pliers bit tho....not pain just freaked out!

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
Some side effects include tooth thermal sensitivity, gingival irritation, tooth pain and headaches.

There are concerns about whiteners causing cancer. The peroxide contained in whiteners produce free radicals which can cause cellular damage. However, proper use of whiteners have shown to have no carcinogenic risks.
.....did you learn that in Chem?...or Cosmo...

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
and they have laser teeth whitening? details???[/QUOTE]

yea, my cousin did it about a year ago. By the end of it, your teath are ten times whiter than they were to begin with. She went to a cosmetic dentist in neutral bay i think. Basically, the procedure takes about one hour, and the only side effects are sensitive teeth for 2 days after the laser. The day of, you can only eat white things, eg: ice cream, cheese etc... the whitness usually lasts about 2 years, but can be extended by having one coffee/tea a day, and eating lighter foods.

theres a bit on it here, but not much:
http://www.laserdentistsydney.com.au/laser-tooth-whitening.html

Last edited:

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Airness said:
.....did you learn that in Chem?...or Cosmo...
*Shrugs*...

General knowledge? I just remember what my mummy says to me.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
melimoo said:
umm, yeah it hurt.
but the pain is numbed by happiness.
you'll be fine :)

and they have laser teeth whitening? details???
when i got my braces off, the process of scratching the glue off you teeth was the irritating part - that was all

sucked to be you.

kristylee_

HSC
N/A
i got my braces off nearly 4 years ago and i dont remember any pain at all... althought the sound of the glue being scratched off wasnt good.

my teeth are off colour due to 2 1/2 years on antibiotics, but my dentist refused to do any of that professional bleaching crap due to the side effects.

i used the oral b teeth whitening strips that come in the funny oval kinda shaped box and cost about $50 they worked a treat. they say to only wear them for half an hour every night, but a friend of mine wore them all night every night and her teeth are now really really white and look great. the package says you can use them every six months so next time i do it i might do the same as her!!

good luck... stained teeth are no fun

CieL

HSC
teeth whitening is just stripping off the top layer of your teeth isnt it

doesn't sound that great to me

and my aunt who's a dentist doesnt recommend teeth whitening.. does more bad than good.. and it's such a temporary thing

and if you're really that desperate for more info, why dont you do some internet research or go to the dentist and ask them for brochures

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
just wondering, does it hurt when you got your braces off? im getting mine off real soon ><"

when i got mine off it didnt hurt but did feel a bit uncomfortable. it will be worth it times 100

CieL

HSC
Komaticom said:
Liquid paper adds a layer to your teeth!
It'll last a while given that you keep your saliva away from it as long as possible.
ohhh i see.. if that's the case, try applying a layer of vaseline on top for shine and protection too.. if that's not enough, try some turtle wax

CieL

HSC
Komaticom said:
Together we shall devise more ingenius ways to maim oneself for the sake of looking good.
yeh, the more poisonous and toxic the chemicals are, the more effective..

i might as well drink bleach now

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Taking your braces off is funny at first. It feels weird that there is this gap between your front teeth and your inner lip.

Tooth whitening products dont work. There was a report on this awhile ago.

LexxY

s2 Ralf. Marry me!
HSC
Doesn't whitening ( like bleaching ) make your teeth brittle?

Or you can just get your teeth cleaned and polished at the dentist. Natural teeth colour > fake white. You will look like a mong!

When I got my braces off, I didn't have any patches or anything, but I just went to go and get them cleaned and polished. They put more fluoride in n stuff. It's really good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)