• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Tekken 6 on PSP or Ps3 or Xbox 360 (3 Viewers)

TERMINATOR-HX

Coming back from the future....to kill you!
HSC
Anyone realize the change in Eddy's voice from 4 - 5? The new voice sucks... It's too american.

I wonder what Xaiou will get this time round. She's my little ninja chick :D. And I wanna see if any of the cliff-hanger endings are resolved. Like the Hwoarang vs. Devil Jin ending.

Ooo... And I hope Hwaorang gets new moves. He's been working off the same set since 4.
The Hwoarang vs. Devil Jin scenario did actually get resolved somewhat. Hwoarang's profile for Tekken 6 says that he faced Jin in Tekken 5, and actually beat him, but Jin transformed into his Devil form straight after and beat him badly enough to send him to a hospital for 3 days....in a coma.

I get what you mean about Eddy's voice in Tekken 5; he is Brazillian, he should be speaking Portuguese, not English.

Last edited:

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
The Hwoarang vs. Devil Jin scenario did actually get resolved somewhat. Hwoarang's profile for Tekken 6 says that he faced Jin in Tekken 5, and actually beat him, but Jin transformed into his Devil form straight after and beat him badly enough to send him to a hospital for 3 days....in a coma.

I get what you mean about Eddy's voice in Tekken 5; he is Brazillian, he should be speaking Portuguese, not English.
Lol.

Maybe he'll be more optimistic now.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC

And it gets rid of a lot of his old charm. The way he taunted and laughed evilly after winning was classic.

His old "Cooome Ooon!" ruled haha.

TERMINATOR-HX

HSC
Lol.

Maybe he'll be more optimistic now.
And I don't think Hwoarang will think of Jin in the same way ever again. Should be interested to see how a Hwoarang v. Jin confrontation would pan out in Tekken 6 after Jin did that to him.

And speaking of Paul, it seems to me that he isn't as serious a character as what he once was; I mean, in Tekken 1 and 2, he was Kazuya's (main character at the time) biggest rival (beside Heihachi, of course), but now his rivalry with Kazuya has been replaced by a rivalry with Kuma (who is more of a joke character than anything).

TERMINATOR-HX

HSC
Hwaorang is the best... Total killer man, however i agree with everything you have said except he does have a weak spot... He is easy to predict
I'll second that. His kicks have excellent reach, but with hardly any decent low attacks in his arsenal his offense can become very predictable at times, and that's the last thing you want to be vs. any decent player.

Plus the fact that Dynamite Heel (his main UB attack) doesn't pack the sheer punch that some of the other UBs have (Jin's Avenger, Paul's Flaming Fist, Kazuya's Lightning Screw Uppercut etc.) though it executes a bit quicker.

Silent_Sniper

Watching you through my sniper scope!!! Getting re
HSC
I'll second that. His kicks have excellent reach, but with hardly any decent low attacks in his arsenal his offense can become very predictable at times, and that's the last thing you want to be vs. any decent player.

Plus the fact that Dynamite Heel (his main UB attack) doesn't pack the sheer punch that some of the other UBs have (Jin's Avenger, Paul's Flaming Fist, Kazuya's Lightning Screw Uppercut etc.) though it executes a bit quicker.
He is shit against Steve

TERMINATOR-HX

HSC
Yea.. Once Steve gets close your fucked... Unless you can push him away enough to kick him low...
Which can be really hard to do if he's aggressive enough, and even if you can get some distance, his low attacks aren't exactly very damaging, and almost inevitably lead to high and mid-range attacks as part of combos.

Hwoarang players can have a really tough time of it if their opponent knows their way around the standing guard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)