telecommunications (1 Viewer)

phked_up

Hey i just registared here,
I was wondering if anyone has any info on telecommunications? I have an engineering report and it is focusing on satallites eg For what purposes are satallites used? Any information would be great i could also use links to websites that contain info

phked_up

yea i have searched google and the uni websites but there is hardly any info i can find and the unsw open day is on staurday and my report is due on friday so thats bad luck.

CasaNovo

HSC
N/A
Hey mate, I'll try and help you, since i recently done an engineering report on satellites.
Basically 2 types of satellites, A Polar Orbit and a Geosyncrhounous. (Not including asynchrounous orbits)

Polar Orbit: is an orbit with an orbital inclination of near 90 degrees where the satellite ground track will cross both Polar Regions (north and south), once during each orbit.
The advantages of Polar Orbit are:
Global coverage, Good ground resolution because of low orbit, Constant power supply.

Geosyrncrhounous: Geo means Earth and synchronous means going on at the same rate and exactly together. So the earth and satellite are moving at the same rate together. A geosynchronous orbit is where the satellite orbit circles the earth once each day.
Advantages of Geosynchronous orbit are:
Allows sampling as often as technically possible (every few minutes at best), enabling monitoring of rapidly-evolving events.
Only one ground station need for monitoring.

I could go on forever. But thats just the basics, try and research a bit yourself and understand them, bit be in the hsc, never know.
Might not be much, but hope it helps ya.
:)

tieki

There is a lot of stuff to be found with a simple Google search, if you're willing to look...I had to do a report on them in Physics, and found a lot of stuff...

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)