telemarketing (1 Viewer)

toisthbe

Evil Member
I know heaps of you guys got telemarketing jobs!!

So tel me, What do you sell?

I just landed a job representing banks, selling insurance or something like that.
I get 16/hr plus commision, lol I ripped the interview and the computer tests, freaking did 62.6 wpm!! hahahahahah

they were like '..you use the computer alot at home dont you?'

So yeah
WHat do you sell? for telemarketing!?

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Oh god.. I used to sell ROLLERSHUTTERS! :chainsaw: ...then they moved me to the wonderful world of alarms and roof restoration :rolleyes:
The only reason I took the job was because of the $$ and little hours- it wasn't worth it! NEVER EVER AGAIN

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I did a stint selling personal will kits... and the way the phone system was, you could tell when you're phone was being monitored... last day before I quit I rang a person who was rude and told me words similar to 'fuck off, i'm not dying yet' which got a 'you sure? I've got your number, and your partner seemed pretty keen on getting me to ring you about this, so think about it, I'd buy the will kit pronto mate'.... telemarketing is one of the worst jobs you can ever do and I'll never do it again.

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
here, my place is always recruiting, want a job at night and weekends and are over 18 apply now

http://www.seek.com.au/users/apply/index.ascx?Sequence=96&PageNumber=1&ChannelID=1&SiteID

no real need for resumes or anythin just apply and theyll cal ya back soon if they need ya, they dont beat around the bush like coles myer does.

all you do is sell raffle tix for charities, its pretty easy when the charities are pretty meaningful like surf life saving or child flight.

i can understand why selling for insurance can be tough because ppl dont give a stuff bout that. but saying no to buying $30 worth of tickets to benifit a life saving service, thats a little harder...

Ribbon

hmmn is telemarketing really that bad? I thought I would never want to do it, but I saw an ad in the paper today $20p/h and they give you hours to suit your study... tempting !

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah i agree it's tempting but everyone i know who's done it has hated it so i don't want to start

MouNtY

I wanna do telemarketing...it sounds heaps cool...but i'm only 17...dammit.lol

routemarker

HSC

toisthbe

Evil Member
Originally posted by jayz
the possibility of rejection overwhelms one's desire for cash
Yeap, if you're the type that takes rejections personally then dont bother doing telemarketing.

heheheh Im got use to it cause I was an individual contractor for energy australia earlier in the year!

routemarker

HSC
Originally posted by spin spin sugar
hey routemarker does yr place only offer nite shifts??

anyway yeah my bf does telemarketing and he sells raffle tickets for charity org's e.g meals on wheels, pcyc etc.
the place offers 3 shifts morning , afternoon and night. each are 4 hrs in length. noobies are put on night shifts and weekends only till they get aquainted because those are the easiest times. if youre a student you can do a mimimum of 20 hrs a week (5 shifts a fortnight).

night shifts go from 4.30pm - 8.30pm

if you do apply and dont have a speech impediment you will get a job here and its not that bad really.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
so how long is it generally 'til they get acquainted'?

out of curiosity is yr place in surry hills? i think i applied there a few weeks ago, i got called back but i cahnged my mind

routemarker

HSC
yes they are in surry hills, kippax st to be precise. well to get aquainted means that youre generally doing alright meaning youre making the mimimum requirement of sales per hr.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)