Telemarketing (1 Viewer)

illmatic

NaS
HSC
I have an interview tomorrow for a telemarketing position with the Australian Institute of Mathematics....it pays like 20 bucks an hour or some shit.

Im gettin real self-conscious because if i get the job ill be :

a - persuading people to purchase a lousy product (probably that mathemagic computer tutor shit)

b- pissing a lot of people off

Would you go for the job if you were in my position? or not?

i guess a job is a job, and if i get it ill only have it for a temporary time, until i can find something else that's better.

what do you people think??

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
If you can put up with abusive customers, go for it. Pay is good. You just need to have a hard shell and not let them get to you.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
lol that seems fun ? i dont like doing the surveys let alone cold calling people to sell them stuff.

samuelblayden

Newcstle Knights 2006
HSC
illmatic said:
I have an interview tomorrow for a telemarketing position with the Australian Institute of Mathematics....it pays like 20 bucks an hour or some shit.

Im gettin real self-conscious because if i get the job ill be :

a - persuading people to purchase a lousy product (probably that mathemagic computer tutor shit)

b- pissing a lot of people off

Would you go for the job if you were in my position? or not?

i guess a job is a job, and if i get it ill only have it for a temporary time, until i can find something else that's better.

what do you people think??
mate it is either u or some idiaian fellow would get it

dani_123_5

HSC
N/A
i went for that exact same job! only it was in bathurst lol. my advice is go for it. its a high paying job and why not? you got nutin to loose.

P.S i luv Sam xxx

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
go while you are looking for something else (or who knows, you might like it)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeh it requires a tough skin to work in telemarketing... although if you really don't like the ideas behind it (ie. selling crap) then it'll probably result in piss poor performance and you getting the sack anyway. Upto you if you want the money or not.

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
hmm im curious about this job..
so does the average call go something like:
"Good day Mr whatever, would you like to buy <insert crappy product>"
"No"
*click*

I cant imagine selling anything at all by doing this but i guess it works

7th Sign

HSC
I was going to apply for some marketign / telemarketing/ selling door to door to clintsjob but I have not got around to it yet!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
im an idiot said:
hmm im curious about this job..
so does the average call go something like:
"Good day Mr whatever, would you like to buy <insert crappy product>"
"No"
*click*

I cant imagine selling anything at all by doing this but i guess it works
I thought they'd be more subtle-

"Good Day Sir. I hear you have a son."
"Yes I do"
"Is he any good at maths?"

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
hmm...we actually received a call from them once.

*usual bs to begin conversation*
(phone is on speaker)

dad: oh ok, well we arent interested in my daughter (yr 8) getting this
her: would you like to try it out?
dad: no, my son has done maths at a high level. him and myself are capable of teaching maths to her.
her: so you are telling me you dont care about your daughters future?
dad: no. i said we are capable of teaching ourselves.
*i'm getting my dad to give me the phone. i could have torn her apart with the shit she was saying and start asking her syllabus related questions but dad hung up*

i generally dont have a problem with telemarketers, as long as they remember that we are doing them a favour by talking to them. its harsh but true.

bonniejjj

HSC
Hello all
I work two jobs, and the one I do on weekday evenings (5pm- 8pm) involves telemarketing for a small home-based business that sells Kirby cleaning systems. My job is quite good because it doesn't involve cold-calling, most people I call are very nice, although there are still some rude people (it doesn't bother me, it's their right to be rude if someone is calling them at their home...) Basically what happens is the sales reps go door to door giving people tickets and getting their details (also get these through referrals and home shows.) My job is to call the people using these details and try and get a booking for a home demonstration of the cleaning system (complimentary carpet shampoo of a whole room, or if no carpet lounge suite clean or mattress clean) in the hope that they will buy the product, or tell their friends who might buy the product.
I think telemarketing has a bad rep (although I admit cold-callers annoy me,) but I enjoy my telemarketing job, its with a nice family-owned and run business, 5 minutes walk from my house, and there's no actual selling involved. Plus I get a bonus if one of the bookings i've made results in a sale.

To the original poster: I think you should at least give it a try, what have you got to lose?

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
maybe you could aim for a sympathy response.
"gee im really bad at this telemarketing stuff..."
"oh ok then ill buy the lot"

CoffeeBeans

is bored
HSC
ahahaha

i use to do telemarketing too, surveys only,,,

i was just doing it for the money.. 20/hr + $75 monthly bonus if u are one of the top 3 callers in the company...

hated the job.. too absusive for me to handle...but its an easy job...just sitting there and talking :)

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
yeah its starting to get a bit like that for me too. I dont think i want to even get paid to be abused by people that should be rightly annoyed because i call them at stupid times.
I'm getting OUT

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
so... theres a position opening up then? :D

this sounds like it might be fun, if they abuse me i can abuse them right back (we are allowed to do that right?)

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
uh no unfortunately you cant tell them off ..you lose ur job. it isnt that i cant handle the rejection thing..it just gets tiring having to go through so many calls and not get anyone to talk to you .....makes the day go a hell of a lot slower.
my positionmay come vacant but there are plenty of backpackers to fill it AND my company has shit all work at the moment so i'm not getting any shifts at all which sucks on the $$$ front

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)