Telling the Truth - Can they specify texts? (1 Viewer)

jason86

I am just wondering, is it possible for them to specify which texts to talk about when talking about Birthday Letters? For example can they say.... With reference to Red and The Shot?

derek_

HSC
i certainly hope not - the essay which i'm gonna try and memorise has only got 2 eps ._.

HSC
N/A
I'm sure they can, but I sincerly doubt they will. If they were ever going to do that, they'd try it out in HSC Trials first. And they've never done that to my knowledge.

Rabz_17

In 2002 they specified in the Adv paper as well. In part B.

But not for Frontline. For 2002 Part C, they grouped all electives together and asked a common question.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
it would be extremely stupid of them if they want a fair exam. some studnets might study the specified texts and none else while some may not. some studnets would be very advantaged. i think the board would have warned us if they were going to do that. my teacher says he reckons there is about a 10% chance of them asking for specific episodes of poems etc

barbie_doll

HSC
CrashOveride said:
apparently they did specify in 2002 std exam o.o
they sure did... the Wilfred Owen question...

Question 5 (continued)

(b) Wilfred Owen, War Poems and Others

“The shrill demented choirs of wailing shells;
and bugles calling them from sad shires”
Anthem for Doomed Youth

Using this quotation as your starting point, write a speech for a class presentation explaining how Wilfred Owen uses poetic techniques to convey the experience of war.

In your answer, you should refer to Anthem of Doomed Youth and at lest ONE other of the prescribed poems.

The prescribed poems are :
The Send-Off
Anthem for Doomed Youth
Dulce et Decorum Est
Miners
Spring Offensive
Futility

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
that's fair enough it was module b without having to find texts of your own as well

Kate_J

specify

Yep they can specify a chapter. They did it a few years ago and I just have this nagging feeling they will do it to us. I'm hoping they don't because I can't talk about every chapter from The Justice Game.

classics_chic

HSC
Yes. They can specify which poem in Birthday Letters (I think it's poetry, sorry if I'm wrong), which episode of Frontline, and which chapter of The Justice Game (and same goes for other options in Module C). You're supposed to study all of them so they're perfectly in their rights to ask you to talk about one of them. If you're really stuck with the part they ask you to talk about, say what you know about it, then add another part (for example: it happened to me, and I talked about the chapter on Diana (compulsory- but I said very little because I hadn't really studied it enough), as well as Trials of Oz and Malcolm X (I did the Justice Game)). Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)