Telstra Broadband Questions (1 Viewer)

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
Just a couple of questions for those who have Telstra broadband:

1. do you get your own free webspace, and how much, and how do you access it?
2. do you have your own customizable homepage, like Optus users do?
3. how do you check your monthly usage so far?
4. does anyone have any trouble setting up a home network, because someone mentioned to me some "heartbeat" thing of Telstra's, which d/c you from the computer temporarily, but often.

Thanks,
Ac

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Lord Ac said:
Just a couple of questions for those who have Telstra broadband:

4. does anyone have any trouble setting up a home network, because someone mentioned to me some "heartbeat" thing of Telstra's, which d/c you from the computer temporarily, but often.

Thanks,
Ac
1 and 2: Not that I know of but you can login to your account and have a look.
3: Go into your account and find the usage page. Although when I had telstra broadband it was always not working correctly.
4. Never had any problems with it.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
3: Go into your account and find the usage page. Although when I had telstra broadband it was always not working correctly.
4. Never had any problems with it.
3. Usage normally takes like 4 hours to register on the website. I haven't had any probs with it.. normally pretty accurate.
4. Im running a network on it with a laptop, i haven't had any serious problems.. doesn't d/c regularly..

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Telstra are not even close to being competitive in broadband. The only reason their broadband survives is because so many people have no idea about ISP's. They just go for Telstra because they are one of the only companies they are aware of.

I am paying the same price now that I was when I was with Telstra. My connection is 3 times faster and my usage allowance is something like 38gig instead of 10.

humbug_au

HSC

1 & 2. Dont know
3. go to account and check usage meter, takes me about 3 seconds and is always correct.
4. no, it was easy to setup, a 3 year old could do it.

i'm paying a fair price for unlimited downloads, i find it to be a good ISP. but i would like to switch to cable for faster internet speeds

Pejhman

HSC
1. I have heard about a 10mb site, but am not sure.
2. See 1.
3. There is a live usage meter you cvan download. It works with IE6+ and you can get NetUsage Meter for Firefox elsewhere.
4. I always had my internet die with them. My Messenger service would drop out frequently.

Check out whirlpool.net.au for the best in broadband.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
humbug_au said:
i'm paying a fair price for unlimited downloads, i find it to be a good ISP. but i would like to switch to cable for faster internet speeds
It's not really unlimited when you get slowed down after 10gig.

Lavenderpup

HSC
to 1.
Details Establishment fee Free
Disk space allocation 10MB1
Data served per month2 100MB1
Monthly fee None
URL http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/your-site-name
Requirements

The Personal Website service is based on you creating and uploading your own site content. BigPond only provides the hosting and basic management tools.

That means you need to have access to site some site building software (and knowledge) in order to create your site.

This basic service may not be suitable for all needs. If you’d like more support, you should consider our Additional WebHosting Services, which includes a fun, easy and very handy site builder application.
thus to 2, if you're referring to some shitty pagebuilder then no. Aka. you have to know how to ftp.
However, if you mean 2. as in customisable homepage as in like that customisable google thing then... nope.

4. Iprimus seems to disconnect more =P But that might just be my friend's msn or something >_> Aka. Offtopic.

Conclusion - Telstra sucks. Get away from it if you can. Just wish I could...*meeeh parents >< Oh well, it works alright and i'm not paying for it..*

HamuTarou

Ar U TaLkiNG 2 Me?! o.O
HSC
Telstra SUX!!!! period

they just increase the line fees or something....now i have to pay extra 20 bucks for tpg....

or a new company....suggestions plz? thx

btw, must be 1.5M/20G or better around $50-70, no cable, not available

kalli

HSC
Lord Ac said:
ADSL has no heartbeat = no problems to set up a home network
Cable has a heartbeat = I have heard of problems as well... i think you need to get some sort of router that is compatible with the heartbeat... have a look on whirlpool for more info on this.

kalli

HSC
HamuTarou said:
Telstra SUX!!!! period

they just increase the line fees or something....now i have to pay extra 20 bucks for tpg....

or a new company....suggestions plz? thx

btw, must be 1.5M/20G or better around $50-70, no cable, not available
I just left TPG due to their price rise (and terrible customer service)... Changed to Internode... ADSL 2+ 20g for $60 a month... it was $120 setup or you can churn for $30 to one of their ADSL 1 plans...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)