temp storage (1 Viewer)

phizz

aka: Philly Cheese
HSC
Hey all, I was wondering exactly how big the temp storage space is for over the break period, and if there is any costs involved.

I'll be in catered towers (Bathurst), and all I need realy is space to store my golf clubs and fridge.

thanks in advanced - phizz

bex

HSC
over the holiday period you can store stuff in your RA's flat.. so your golf clubs, fridge and any other crap you wont need can be left there pretty securely... as the ras are swapped around from year to year there is no on campus storage over the christmas break.

T1ger1i11y

HSC
Also im sure that the people who have there rooms for 40weeks and arent going to be there in holidays anyway will let you put some of your stuff in there... :disco:

bex

HSC
true that.. but your RA's flat is going to be much more accessible than lugging your golf clubs and fridge up two flights of stairs

T1ger1i11y

HSC
haha yeah you have got a point bex... 40 weekers are at the top ay? how many storys are there in the towers?

bex

HSC
well the rumour at the end of last year was that they were going to make the top dorms 40 weeks so to reduce the OH &S risks associated with lugging crap up and down the stairs all the time. there are 4 dorms in each tower and the dorm itself is two levels.. its really hard to explain.. like when you get to towers and walk up the ramp at heath or cottrell house, youll see that the dorms are split down the middle by a walkway and then on each side of the walkway there is an upstairs and downstairs.. so that all in all the building is 4 stories high and each dorm takes 2 stories... eh im not making any sense am i!?

T1ger1i11y

HSC
haha nah not really!! nah i get ya but... i went there and looked but the guy only showed us the one on the ground level... but the building looked so high up...
which tower is better to get into??? :) and is it true that all the towers ppl stick together and all the jov ppl stick together etc?

bex

HSC
hey do you remember who showed you around?? yeah its kind of true.. in the beginning definately because you do practically everything with your dormies.. theyre your instant uni friends!! but as you start to meet new people through your classes and at the bar and stuff you do make friends in other residences.. most of the kids in my course and especially now in 3rd year live off campus so its going to be a bit lonely!

bex

HSC
oh.. and as for which tower is better.. i think heath is better unless youre in A1B1 Cottrell. ive lived in both and i think heath is better.. there seems to be more storage space and you have this really handy little shelf thing next to your bed which they dont have in cottrell.. PLUS heath has an extra balcony and both top dorms have their own on heath side where as in cottrell only c2d2 have a balcony... AND the vending machines in heath wor k but cottrell dont cause the stoners in my 1st year dorm destroyed them!
a1b1 cottrell is good cause it has nice new carpet and full length mirrors (as does heath)

T1ger1i11y

HSC
i think his name was jim? tim? tall guy, rugby sorta build, blondish hair... but yeah.. im lookin forward to movin on down there now... you comin down for oweek bex... and dont worry im sure all us first year kids haha will keep you busy! (hopefully in a good way) and then all the ppl living off campus will be jealous :cool:

bex

HSC
hmm.. i dont know him.. one of my best friends does them so i thought maybe you had him but anyways.. yeah ill be there for dag night!! i cant wait to go back.. this is my last semester and i miss my bathurst friends soooooooo much.. its just such a great environment.. obviously not everyone will have as much fun as others but if youre yourself and just get into it then you will definately get something out of CSU.. its unlike other unis.. when i first started i was sooooo shy and outside of my comfort zone.. now im like a different person.. corny i know but 100%true

Kimmi_R

im 1st yr in towers aswell, also had a guy called tim for the csu campus tour from my course, B human movement, ne1 else doing that course?

anna_chronism

losing my mind
HSC
Everyone's going to towers, it sounds really good... will there be anyone at diggings, lol? I need friends!!!!!

bex

HSC
youve got fro to keep you company!!

anna_chronism

losing my mind
HSC
Cooooooool, yay, a friend for me!! Its heaps scary going away without really knowing anyone... I'm afraid they won't like me! Lol. I am a little kid!

Fro

HSC
Hey - no worries!
I was the same way
Everyone is in the same situation though - you find that out quickly and make friends instantly!
And if that fails - as bex mentioned - you've always got me...
whether thats a good thing or a bad thing - its up to you... hehe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)