temperature for life (1 Viewer)

fuckfoot

has no soul
HSC
hey guys
i'm attempting to write notes and i'm on the EASIEST dot point on the freaking syllabus, but i don't know what to put! hmmph :mad:

identify the broad range of temperatures over which life is found compared with the narrow limits for individual species

found a few different ranges... don't know what to use
wondering what everyone else has in their notes. ACK! HELP! damn temperature

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
uhm the key word is identify... so all u HAVE to do is restate the statement..... ie, life can be found etc etc....

but u should go into a bit of detail, say: life can be found rangin from 0 (bacteria in snow) to 100 degrees C(bacteria in volcanic vents)... howeva, individual species can only live in a narrow range of temp... say mammal are only found between 0 to 45degrees and only active between 30 to 45 degrees...

fuckfoot

has no soul
HSC
i thought the only time you could restate the d/p was when it said something like identify that there is a broad range of temperatures over which life is found compared with the narrow limits for individual species

??

anywho, the ranges i've found are really weird
some notes on this site said -200 (!) to 45 degrees
some other notes said 0 to 100
and i think the csu site said -40 to 120
and i've got heineman as an excuse for a textbook and is very vague

i suppose it's no a big deal though, that first range just threw me off

Last edited:

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by xiao1985
uhm the key word is identify... so all u HAVE to do is restate the statement..... ie, life can be found etc etc....

but u should go into a bit of detail, say: life can be found rangin from 0 (bacteria in snow) to 100 degrees C(bacteria in volcanic vents)... howeva, individual species can only live in a narrow range of temp... say mammal are only found between 0 to 45degrees and only active between 30 to 45 degrees...

thats what i memorise for the hsc 2003... word for word! LOL

for sources with different info, u would need to cross reference it...

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
There is a little paragraph in excel bio if you have it that I seem to remember which had a nice little paragraph summing it up.

From my summary:

Organisms live in environments with ambient temperatures (external environment temp) ranging from less than zero degrees Celsius (bacteria in snow) to 100 degrees Celsius (bacteria in boiling springs, volcanoes etc). However individual organisms cannot survive in this whole range of temperatures, and can only survive in narrow limits.

fuckfoot

has no soul
HSC
okie dokie
thank you!!
i just left my bio notes to grow mould in the corner while i thought about this dot point so it looks like i'll have to get back to it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)